2001 Elite S

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 2001 Elite S

Post by Trafficjamz »

kingearwig wrote:it was damaged a little bit... but very it was minor... I kinda want it as a spare but if the price is right... what is your offer? I will take a pic tomorrow.

Do you think the boost port holes caused me to need the huge main jet? the only other difference is that I replaced the by starter which failed. I guess it could be that the by starter was acting up for a long time. Is that normal to need an almost 2mm hole in the main jet?
I will give you $25 for the head if is not to messed up.

I did not require a upjet when I used this piston.

190 jet? :surprise: I would start checking for air leaks.

190 should make is run rich, if its not, then it must be suckin in x-tra air from somewhere. :imo:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

air leak, that must be it...

well I was playing with maple and did some calculating..... does all this look kosher to you?
the original bore is 39mm correct? this would put the stroke length at 41mm yes?
If so that puts the 50mm bbk on my bike at around 80cc's does this sound right?
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

82cc

Your math looks confusing :confused:
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

you forgot to carry the 1
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

It looks like you derived the stroke of 41.02 from a 49.0cc displacement.

Honda specs the bore at 39mm and the stroke as 41.4, giving 49.4cc
When I plug the numbers into plain old Excel, out comes 81.3cc (but I have not checked my work...) Regardless of what I came up with :) , try 41.4 in your Maple calculations.

Thanks for posting the Maple stuff, I'll look into it :thumbsup:
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

mousewheels wrote:It looks like you derived the stroke of 41.02 from a 49.0cc displacement.
That is how I did it...
Honda specs the bore at 39mm and the stroke as 41.4, giving 49.4cc
When I plug the numbers into plain old Excel, out comes 81.3cc (but I have not checked my work...) Regardless of what I came up with :) , try 41.4 in your Maple calculations.
I looked through the service manual and couldn't find the spec for stroke length... thanks for that.

I ended up having to enter in an approximate value for pi cause I couldn't get it to not give me the answer in terms of pi otherwise.
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

I received the kit from Taz at like 3:00pm today. I had the top end and new final drive done in right around 2 hours. This is the first time I have had the motor and trans off of the frame. This is a much better way of changing the top end. I took the carb off at the reed valve and made sure my gasket looked nice there. Going to check for leaks tomorrow. I still have the giant main jet in the carb. The only other thing that I can think of to cause the apparent leanness is that I am using a bystarter off of a like roketta or some other chinese scooter... I got it free from my motorcycle guy. It fits perfectly and as far as I know doesn't leak. I oiled my filter today too... it was pretty dry. I'll do a plug chop tomorrow too that will enlighten me.

Thanks Taz for your super fast shipping! I had to search the whole shop for the nuts for the head studs though... I forgot the kit doesn't come with them and carelessly discarded the ones that I used on the previous head.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

never reuse a gasket like the reed and intake manifold gasket.they WILL leak .
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

so the bottom end is loose now. got it apart bore looks awesome. I am running about 5 oz oil per gallon. I had 2 base gaskets on it as last time it had almost too much compression for the starter and I felt it couldn't hurt to drop it a bit.
I will be splitting the case tomorrow or the next day.
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

So as you can see I have a couple of allen screws stopping up the hoses in and out on the oil pump. obviously I run premix. So the question is other than the plug that I have seen others in this forum use, and stopping up the hoses, is there another idea for disabling the oil pump cheaply and with the most benefit to the motor? Can I just put the pump back on with this geared shaft removed? Can I just grind the gears off and reinstall?
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

I would buy or make a plug for the oil pump hole rather than risk other problems with it plugged but still in the case. Check out this thread for one idea: http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =8&t=13124
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

you know i don't know, but there's a plug vt cycles sales. i've never bought one i heard they sell it. it's 10 bucks. and that plug was a joke.
edit: is it a sa50 you got? maybe the plug from an elite fits the spree. i don't konw. but i've heard people grind off the gears. but i've not done it. i don't premix, just a cap or two full when i fill up.
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

trains420 wrote:you know i don't know, but there's a plug vt cycles sales. i've never bought one i heard they sell it. it's 10 bucks. and that plug was a joke.
edit: is it a sa50 you got? maybe the plug from an elite fits the spree. i don't konw. but i've heard people grind off the gears. but i've not done it. i don't premix, just a cap or two full when i fill up.
that sounds scarier than running toppless! :nervous:

no... its a sa50p. and what do you mean by its a joke?
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

kingearwig wrote:
trains420 wrote:you know i don't know, but there's a plug vt cycles sales. i've never bought one i heard they sell it. it's 10 bucks. and that plug was a joke.
that sounds scarier than running toppless! :nervous:

no... its a sa50p. and what do you mean by its a joke?
:blah: Don't board the 420 train. It will lead to nowhere. :eyeroll:

The plug from vt works fine. I grind the gears off too, when I don't have a plug.

Or make a plug from washers and a bolt. (home depot style)

Then of corse there is always the pennies and quarters :wink: (big money oil pump plug)