my custom spree

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

lineage404
Noob
Noob

Re: my custom spree

Post by lineage404 »

lol i did not increase my jet size. but i will let you know how to do it young grasshoppa. put a peice of tape over about 1/3 of your airfilter and it restricts it a bit and causes more vacumme and sucks more gas in for the increased air flow he he....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol and thanks. i want to put little leds on the inside of the shroud so the fan lights up at night i think it would look badass!!!!
surfnturf
BMX
BMX

Post by surfnturf »

Looks awesome! I love the stripped down minimalist look of it, along with the ultra clean condition of the scoot overall. If I was you I'd just swap in an AF05 engine. With just a variator and some mods you can go over 40 and they are pretty cheap and reliable. The AF16 is great too, just more expensive and sometimes harder to get.
lineage404
Noob
Noob

Post by lineage404 »

hmmmm were can i can this afo5? lol i demand you tell me lol jk thanks tho man.
redrocket
Goped
Goped

Post by redrocket »

nice scoot man i like the rat rod look i wish mine was that clean i hate working on greasy s*** :2thumbs:
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

lineage404 wrote:lol i did not increase my jet size. but i will let you know how to do it young grasshoppa. put a peice of tape over about 1/3 of your airfilter and it restricts it a bit and causes more vacumme and sucks more gas in for the increased air flow he he....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol and thanks. i want to put little leds on the inside of the shroud so the fan lights up at night i think it would look badass!!!!
belive me, this "grasshoppa" knows how to get his air/ fuel ratio to be where it should be. just making sure you do. :thumbwink: your logic explaining it is less than solid, but the general concept is correct. :roll: there is no increased airflow if your jetting is correct (not rich/lean) and you still are using the stock jet. you've simply restricted down the flow capabilities of the new filter down to the point where the resultant vacuum level draws the proper amount of fuel for the tiny #68 jet, which is the amount of restriction (and in turn airflow) that the stock airbox was designed to allow for.

your filter does nothing but make your spree louder. if it got faster due to the filter, you are running too lean and will burn up the rings. or melt the piston. airflow and jetting go hand in hand "grasshoppa", and i don't want to see you fry your engine. two strokes are fickle creatures, the nq50 especially.

as far as your question of where to get an af05, they are pre-94 elite s, and areo engines. the af16e is the 94-01 elite engine, also called the "dio" 'round here.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
lineage404
Noob
Noob

Post by lineage404 »

well it have a a little boost. but what i dont understand is i can do 35 with no problem. but everyone on here says sprees only do 25 to 30. and i am 280 pounds
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

s spree speedometer is s very optimistic device. try a gps, my 87sspree will do 33 on the gps with stock pullies, 38 gps with a full pully mod, all on flat ground. i weigh 180, but weight hardly seems to drop the top speed, just how long it takes to get there.
Ol' Red
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Nice detail, nice spree! What are you plans for the wheels?
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
lineage404
Noob
Noob

Post by lineage404 »

lol the same as your siggy. and i have a couple people ride next to me and tell me what i was going.
lineage404
Noob
Noob

Post by lineage404 »

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

figured i would post some pics up and see what you guys thought about the new wiring. not quite done yet but mostly all is done except i need to wire in my ign coil and thats it! i think this is clean * wiring. and in the motor all all i took care of those to i just have not got time to put it together yet. when i do i shall take pics. and the front is next
lineage404
Noob
Noob

Post by lineage404 »

well lol this thread died lol i have been really busy but i will be finishing her tomorrow
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Hooray!!! pics on da' way???
Ol' Red
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
lineage404
Noob
Noob

Post by lineage404 »

* yes its been to cold to test and there for i didnt put it all back together yet cause i want to make sure everything is 100 percent!