if noah rode a scooter.

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

mookie
Elite
Elite

if noah rode a scooter.

Post by mookie »

well i had these rear panels and they DO tend to define a theme and i had gotten this cool blue paint, thinking i'd do anther thing but this one emerged.
i'd like to thanks my wife Dianne for this one...
the grandkids will love this one!

now i need some fire breathin' running gear...!
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
mookie
Elite
Elite

Re: if noah rode a scooter.

Post by mookie »

plus- i did figure out how to shorten the front forks for any of you tweakers out there.Image
tealhatchie57
Noob
Noob

Post by tealhatchie57 »

interesting. did you just trim the white spacer/bushing? That lower spring looks more compressed than the same lower spring on the unmodified shock...?

thanks
mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

as your looking at the pic the white"spacer" at far right is actually the fork"bushing"
it aligns the two fork halves- upper and lower. so i could no cut it. wouldn't alter the fork profile anyway as far as i know.
but yes to the question i did heat and compress the top out spring as best as i could. you can't tell by looking at the pic but all the spacers/ the bushing and the top out spring- the small short one are an integral part of the fork lower. assembles at the factory and are not removable form the fork lower.
i could only remove the actual fork spring , which i cut and reground/ heat compressed.

the fork still has the necessary"action" it should have but only travels about 1/2 inch!i didn't come to this on purpose- it was my first one for a scooter and it is what it is as the saying goes. but then everything is what it is isn't it....
now i need to do the other one and decide how to efficiently lower the rear an inch or so WITHOUT spending scooter funds...
i can disassemble the shock- got that figured out from when i wanted to paint the spring on a couple builds.
i suppose i can either move the shock mount location - a fair amount of effort there.. or at least try to shorten the shock the old fashioned way-
through the spring.
i hope yall are having a much fun as i do with the scoots!