Super Dio ZX AF28 and other Dio scooters

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Re: Super Dio ZX AF28 and other Dio scooters

Post by sanjuro »

LoveMyHonda wrote:That's way too cool! Do you ride them and how do they compare to the sa50?
The one with the Dio sticker is a fresh build, so it's only been on to test all the lights, idle, and a brief jaunt down the block. It will be going to a new home soon.

The one in the middle I just dropped a new motor in, so it has a ways to go before being ridden regularly. The Live Dio in the back will hopefully be joined by another that I'll use on a regular basis.
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Re: Super Dio ZX AF28 and other Dio scooters

Post by sanjuro »

LoveMyHonda wrote:...and how do they compare to the sa50?
The thing you'll notice first is how chiseled and angular they look next to the SA50. Also, the fuel tank is below the floorboard, so the center of gravity is much lower with less change in handling as the fuel goes down. Handling-wise, there is no comparison. These things turn on a dime. I've had a nearly new SA50, and the thing that stuck in my head was how slippery the seat was on the Elite. The Super Dio and Live Dio had way grippier seat fabric.

The headlight is weak on the Super Dio, but really bright on the Live Dio.