IT LIVES !!! with surprises

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

skip1701
Goped
Goped

IT LIVES !!! with surprises

Post by skip1701 »

Hi all.
My $22 se50 i picked up in dec, finally breathes. When I picked it up it had been sitting about 4 years at a junk shop, outside in the harsh south texas weather, no title, no key, no side panels. Cleaned it up, stripped it repainted, rewire in some cases, nuthin, would fire a few times but no idle. Fast forward to last sat. Rebuilt the carb for the third time. Three cranks later, fairly decent idle, watched it for 5 minutes then said "* with it !, I'm taking a ride!". My street is fairly hilly,so I figured it wouldnt have a chance hauling my 268 pound butt up that hill,man I was wrong! It kept pulling all the way to the top of the hill. Is this normal for a "junked " 87 se50? Rode it back to the back yard and let it cool off. Wanted to fool with it a little and pulled the intake and reed block. Years ago some enterprising soul had put a much larger tire and malossi carbon reeds in this thing!Thanks to everyone who helped me out on my first scoot and to everyone who is about to help on my Honda-Quinqi crossbreed (lol).
Thanks
Skip
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: IT LIVES !!! with surprises

Post by bradthreee »

Good work Man :thumbsup:

Pix or it didnt happen :naughty: