Preping for BBK...

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Re: Preping for BBK...

Post by mustangwagz »

Mill. Used cnc. used the probe to find center, save co-ordinance, bore was like 41.3 mm. fiddled around. told it to open bore to 44.3mm, using a flush tip endmill, opened hole to 44, and smoothed inside edge just a little bit to help with flow inside combustion chamber. made Counterbore .030 deep. little over a mm. Turned out nice, WAS gonna freakin take a pic but ole lady had camera in her purse at work..* she needed it at work for is beyond me, but she had it. next time i pull head (hopefully never, lol) ill make sure i picture it. but it looked just like yinz does.
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

mustangwagz wrote:Mill. Used cnc. used the probe to find center, save co-ordinance, bore was like 41.3 mm. fiddled around. told it to open bore to 44.3mm, using a flush tip endmill, opened hole to 44, and smoothed inside edge just a little bit to help with flow inside combustion chamber. made Counterbore .030 deep. little over a mm. Turned out nice, WAS gonna freakin take a pic but ole lady had camera in her purse at work..* she needed it at work for is beyond me, but she had it. next time i pull head (hopefully never, lol) ill make sure i picture it. but it looked just like yinz does.

all of mine have been dremel grinds. Our local Machine shop wants a minimum of $50 to do anything. :jack:

Yours looks like who's? Who is yinz? I do want to see a 44mm head mill job.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

Recall seeing this picture in another post? I talked to taboggan who told me how to do it. i explained that i have access to ALOT of different machining equipment and would like to make an attempt at doing it. I'm not out to steal his business by DOING it for other ppl, just didnt wanna wait for a week to get my head back. (NOT that it'd take h im long to do it, just that mailing back and forth n what-not would take longer than the whole process. lol it took like 2 mins to mill it. and like 15 to get all the parameters the way i wanted them.

NOTE: This is NOT my head..although, i used this picture as a Reference on HOW to mill mine. Mine is Identicle, EXCEPT, it does not have the rubber o ring in it. I read in the article that i got the picture from that the o ring was from a waste gate off of a turbo. which i'm not sure if it'd work unless its made of silicone rubber. (Similar to whats used for air pump hoses, egr tubes N such. i dont recall reading on how it worked out, BUT would be very nice to know for cleaning purposes n such. Just think.. Rubber o-ring, would be re-usable to a certain extent!

NOTE: not my head, but identicle other than O-Ring
Spree Head(2).jpg
Spree Head(2).jpg (162.38 KiB) Viewed 3588 times

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
05 vinson
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

ALSO, the idea that your local machine shop wants 50 bucks or more SUCKS! they sound like money grubbers to me. Assuming you dunno anyone who works at a machine shop OR who has a mill? Even a manual mill, dosnt gotta be CNC.

hey..btw, you check on shipping prices for the Bahn cover?

05 vinson
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

mustangwagz wrote:ALSO, the idea that your local machine shop wants 50 bucks or more SUCKS! they sound like money grubbers to me. Assuming you dunno anyone who works at a machine shop OR who has a mill? Even a manual mill, dosnt gotta be CNC.

hey..btw, you check on shipping prices for the Bahn cover?

It will fit in an envelope so my guess is a dollar maybe?

Send one dollar to trafficjamz2@charter.net And I will send it to ya.

I do have a friend who's dad owns a CNC. But he is always so backed up with other work, I hate to bother him.
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

lol, ONE DOLLA!! nice man! ill get on it!

not much ya can buy for a dollar now a days..
taco bell taco..
burger at Mc D's
Jr Bacon Cheeze burger
Value shake..
Totaly Kickbutt Bahn grille/Clutch drum Bling-ifier.. ROCK! :rock:

you'll be added to the worthy seller/traders list for this! haha

05 vinson
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

mustangwagz wrote:lol, ONE DOLLA!! nice man! ill get on it!

not much ya can buy for a dollar now a days..
taco bell taco..
burger at Mc D's
Jr Bacon Cheeze burger
Value shake..
Totaly Kickbutt Bahn grille/Clutch drum Bling-ifier.. ROCK! :rock:

you'll be added to the worthy seller/traders list for this! haha
Actually The jr bacon cheese burger is not on the one dolla holla menu at our wendy's any more. :sad:
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

Oh s***, thats Freakin *!

05 vinson
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

mustangwagz wrote: NOTE: This is NOT my head..although, i used this picture as a Reference on HOW to mill mine. Mine is Identicle, EXCEPT, it does not have the rubber o ring in it. I read in the article that i got the picture from that the o ring was from a waste gate off of a turbo. which i'm not sure if it'd work unless its made of silicone rubber. (Similar to whats used for air pump hoses, egr tubes N such. i dont recall reading on how it worked out, BUT would be very nice to know for cleaning purposes n such. Just think.. Rubber o-ring, would be re-usable to a certain extent!

NOTE: not my head, but identicle other than O-Ring
Hey thats my head! :smile:
its not silicone, but viton, its holding up fantastic so far.
i can definitely say that between the port work, SEF/keli combo and the head it has made a world of difference. knocking on 50 mph's door while still at 50cc.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

WELL, did a bunch of break in heats and decided to take it for a spin (read the in-directions like 300 times to make sure i comprehended them well)

i put everything together (pastics and moved air fitler i put on) let it warm up and took it for a spin.

..WOW! lol i marked throttle with a sharpie and a paint stick. Half throttle is WAY more responsive than full ever was with stock bore. Even up a slight grade. Half throttle i was hittin 30 mph easy..

Looks promising! :-D WOO!! :rock:

05 vinson