Help!! NB50 on 86 spree [Ed: Engine Mount Adaptor Q.]

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

ALI Z
BMX
BMX

Help!! NB50 on 86 spree [Ed: Engine Mount Adaptor Q.]

Post by ALI Z »

just bought the nb50 aero engine and i want to put it on my 86 spree, the motor mount is different, anyone had the same problem? i was told that these engines would easily mount right on the spree frames. if anyone has info that would be great, i would really like to get this project going, im building this thing from the frame up, got a junk non running 86 spree and a running nb50 engine.
Wheelman-111

Swapping In Engine Mount

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Welcome. There have been numerous posts on the fabrication of engine mounts to adapt the variated engine to the Spree frame. I'm no help directly, never having done so. (Nobody needs to see me try to weld... :oops: )

Anyone with those skills and able to put together a ready-made mount could save a lot of non-welders time and trouble, and maybe make a couple bucks in the process. Just be sure that the mounting bracket passes Engineering muster, as your very life could depend on it.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH