My Project 85 Spree AKA BlackBeauty

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

sprite2011
Spree
Spree

My Project 85 Spree AKA BlackBeauty

Post by sprite2011 »

Well this is the start of my project. A 1985 Honda SpreeImage being sat on by my Italian Father In-Law. I stripped the bike down, removed her old and weakening AF05 powerplant Image and transplanted this Image. I then proceeded to wiring her up managing to keep my Spree's original connector intact Image. I'm sure you're all wondering how I bolted this AF16E. Well, by using the Elite mount I was able to get it in there by cutting 3/4" off of the necessary piece Image. Got tired looking at that weak Spree front fork so, I installed my Elite fork Image. Due to HondaSpree.Com fabricator's tight schedule I was not able to work on the shock. I will instead work around him and complete other things like the motor. Guess what? Just ordered BBK, Variator, Pulley, Spring, Exhaust, Carb, Gears from VTCycles and being a previous Hawaii resident myself he decided to throw in some extra goodies and a good deal on the parts. Anyways this is the finish product Image. Just kidding!
STAY TUNED FOR MORE!
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Re: My Project 85 Spree AKA BlackBeauty

Post by sprite2011 »

Painted my frame today nice cherry red. Soon to be posted after I apply some clear.
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Debating if I should apply the clear.... Well here it is more of a ferrari red than cherry.
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Decided to shoot clear this morning and so glad that I did bc it is nicccee.

Thanks to these two little guys.

fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

your father-in-law is a pimp! check out those short pants. you can tell he's one of those john wayne guys that dont take crap from anyone. i like it!
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

You are exactly correct about him. A good thing about him is that he knows a lot about 2 strokes.
SpreeMadness520
Elite
Elite

Post by SpreeMadness520 »

Nice build man, What is your setup? :thumbwink:
130cc Stroker
1984 Porsche 944
1965 Vespa
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Looking good :thumbwink:

"Black Beauty with hot red undies"
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

My 1.5 mile Spree dash.

@ SpreeMadness, It will be 51mm BBK PG, 28mm OKO Carb, PG exhaust, 8.4 Gearing, and many more tidbits but, it is no stroker. Parts are from VTCYCLES.
SpreeMadness520
Elite
Elite

Post by SpreeMadness520 »

Same setup as my build but I have a 50mm bbk, 44mm ministoker and a scorpion pipe :twisted: I think it would be a close race :thumbwink:
130cc Stroker
1984 Porsche 944
1965 Vespa
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Honestly, I really don't care about how fast it will go after the build. I just don't like tooting around my Spree at 30mph kind of look dumb especially here in VA. Not many rides a scooter unless you have gotten your licensed taken away. LOL! However, I would love to see the looks on those Chinese scooter owners faces after I pass them with my 85 Spree.
My first bike wreck was a modified Elite 10 years ago from an unexpected wheelie. I'm going to concur my fear of scooters. :coolcruise:
motormike

Post by motormike »

I applaud your work, sprite.....the scooter crowd will be talking about that Spree that couldn't be caught........... :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

I have an idea about tucking in the wires. Drilling an inch or little smaller right below the neck of the bike and then feeding all of the necessary wires through the frame. What do you guys think about running the Spree without the rear panels or should I just modify meaning cutting the rear panel? Do you guys think a white Spree would look nice?
ute
Spree
Spree

Post by ute »

Frame looks amazing great job with such a small compressor

With the wires going through the frame its to bad you didn't braze on a bung before paint it would have been the way to go

I say keep the panels and mod them accordingly ...how about a Tricolore theme red /green /white

sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Thanks and yes the compressor was working to death while I was painting. I'm ditching that wire tucking idea. However, I'm just going create new body panels out of carbon fiber by vacuum nagging method. It may be a while since I need to gather more materials for that project. I was thinking about tricolore and panels will be white, green rims, and down side to that is the frame is hidden. Hence keeping the rear panels off. What color should I use for my Elite forks, gold? I can't wait for my engine parts. Still waiting for Richards to create my shock mount too. Too many ideas right at this moment.