Picked me up a new Project 07 Metropolitan

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Picked me up a new Project 07 Metropolitan

Post by sprite2011 »

Well folks this is how I picked this up. Doing my routine Craigslist browsing and stumbled upon this ad 07 HONDA MET $200. Well contacted him and he told me that the bike is not running after they had replaced the spark plug, battery, and exhaust. Decided to chance it and began texting him and to find out more about this scooter. He stated that it was running 2 weeks ago so I figure either the carb is out of whack or just needs a tune up. Anyways, I decided to go pick it up. After driving for 45mins could've been faster if there wasnt any traffic. Got there and visually it needs new plastics mostly the rear panels. I asked him to try and start it for me and nothing dead, no horns, and no electrical sounds when you turn the key on. Well, gave him the cash and I took the bike and title.

Got home and began fiddling with it, fuses are good and multimeter showing a dead brand new battery. I supposed they didn't charge it first. Lol! Swapped the battery out and voila! Birch started but needed to hold the throttle open. Went to investigate further and checked the spark plug. Sparkplug was not even seated or screwed in all the way. Lol! Not she is running but I'm still constantly holding the throttle open. Going to check out the carb later. But first need to find a service manual. Hehehhe!

Yes, what a steal!
donut
Elite
Elite

Re: Picked me up a new Project 07 Metropolitan

Post by donut »

sprite2011 wrote:Well folks this is how I picked this up. Doing my routine Craigslist browsing and stumbled upon this ad 07 HONDA MET $200. Well contacted him and he told me that the bike is not running after they had replaced the spark plug, battery, and exhaust. Decided to chance it and began texting him and to find out more about this scooter. He stated that it was running 2 weeks ago so I figure either the carb is out of whack or just needs a tune up. Anyways, I decided to go pick it up. After driving for 45mins could've been faster if there wasnt any traffic. Got there and visually it needs new plastics mostly the rear panels. I asked him to try and start it for me and nothing dead, no horns, and no electrical sounds when you turn the key on. Well, gave him the cash and I took the bike and title.

Got home and began fiddling with it, fuses are good and multimeter showing a dead brand new battery. I supposed they didn't charge it first. Lol! Swapped the battery out and voila! Birch started but needed to hold the throttle open. Went to investigate further and checked the spark plug. Sparkplug was not even seated or screwed in all the way. Lol! Not she is running but I'm still constantly holding the throttle open. Going to check out the carb later. But first need to find a service manual. Hehehhe!

Yes, what a steal!
WOW! :surprise: congrats!
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Working on the Met for the last couple hours rebuilding and cleaning the carb. POS mixture screw needs a special D socket screwdriver. Well, by the looks of it the motor layout and configuration is very similar to the Ruckus but with a bit more restrictions. I got her idling and no more stalling. HEHEHE! Going for a test drive tomorrow morning. Any Met owners here?
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

sprite2011 wrote:Working on the Met for the last couple hours rebuilding and cleaning the carb. POS mixture screw needs a special D socket screwdriver. Well, by the looks of it the motor layout and configuration is very similar to the Ruckus but with a bit more restrictions. I got her idling and no more stalling. HEHEHE! Going for a test drive tomorrow morning. Any Met owners here?
I used to own a met II

never again :sad: too slow.

If I could pick up a non running one, I would love to do a dio swap :2thumbs:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Yeah, from what I have been reading around the net it is a Slowpolitan but, it will be for the wife. :) Going to keep this one and with light mods to peak at 40mph.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

good luck with that.

Mine went 28mph no matter what.

It was limited by the ecu. :sad:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
maxreverb
Spree
Spree

Post by maxreverb »

Trafficjamz wrote:good luck with that.

Mine went 28mph no matter what.

It was limited by the ecu. :sad:

Woah are you saying my stock 1985 aero would blow away those new metros????
Whats the ECU is that just that metro or is that the same with a new 2011 met that costs 2k from the dealership?

if my 85 aero un modded blows away the brand new over 2K honda met that totally blows my mind!
1985 HONDA AERO
1986 HONDA SPREE
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

I out ran Traffic's met in a foot race from stop sign to stop sign lol....
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Met II is the 4-Stroke equivalent of the Moped-Legal "P" models in Elite and Spree-Speak. The healthy regular Met runs about 42. Both are limited not by variator or exhaust restrictions but by a hard-coded ECU maximum tied in with the speedometer or axle shaft. There are (pricey) ECU replacements available for purchase online. See TotalRuckus forums for a lot more 4-stroke info than I'll ever know. Don't really care to know. They don't make good-smelling smoke... :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

What's going on here? Left for a few minutes and I missed all the good stuff. Lol! The Met is awfully weak but am not planning on going 60 with her since it will be the wifes ride. I haven't explored around yet since I was so busy with other things. Anyways, I found several brothen studs but I managed to extract them cleanly. Cleaned the entire bike with .Purple Power and she is looking good. I have some buddies who are Ruckus riders and have extra ecus for me to use. I haven't opened the trans yet to see if my roller weights would fit the variators. As of right now my $200 was spent wisely. Probably going to turn around and sell this for $900 to $1000. Hehehe chaching biatchez
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

16x13 rollers...
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Tuned my Met to shoot flames out my Yoshimura exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymO5YoL ... ata_player

This is how she look so far after shooting primer. Still undecided on what color to shoot but when I do decide it will look *. BTW, she is tuned to hit 45mph in stock for without a cdi but I preference keeping her this way for now until I purchase a cdi do, I could begin hitting 50mph. Please don't tell me that I can't because I can.

zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

Nice looking Met! Now just get a Ruckus swingarm for the stretch!
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

That is the ruckus swingarm. Lmao!
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

That is the ruckus swingarm. Lmao!