My 86 Eve build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

My 86 Eve build

Post by Mystic »

I decided to start an actual build thread hahah here is a link to my other thread documenting my build to this point

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19080
Attachments
IMAGE_421.jpg
IMAGE_421.jpg (83.89 KiB) Viewed 9293 times
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: My 86 Eve build

Post by Mystic »

Since I figured out my variator rollers were stuck keeping me in high gear she is running good, only took her for a 3 mile ride to check the jetting. still a little rich on the top and lean on the bottom but have jets coming in the mail to tune with. clip is one up from the middle with a 42 pilot and 95 main and hte mixture on the plug chop was a glossy brown so i think it is still a little rich somewhere since it runs best at about 3/4th turns out on the air mixture. since i have her almost running perfect i decided I needed to reinforce my weld on the elite front fork swap. used a drill press to drill 1/4in holes, one on both sides of the weld then stuck the same size bolts in the holes, dremeled then off and hammered the remainder flat on both sides to hold the pins :D also tightened my steering nut really good this time so no more front end wobble lol I wanted to make absolutely certain that my front end was not going to break and fall out from under me, never can be too safe. Can't wait to go for a spin tomorrow may go visit this chic I have been flirting with that works at the gas station, she likes me to show off my rides lol and gets mad when I buy gas across the street :rock:

--I should mention I have a steel pipe welded inside the fork pipe otherwise pins wouldnt hold it if it breaks :D
Attachments
IMAG0444.jpg
IMAG0444.jpg (64.92 KiB) Viewed 9291 times
IMAG0445.jpg
IMAG0445.jpg (47.96 KiB) Viewed 9291 times
IMAG0449.jpg
IMAG0449.jpg (38.56 KiB) Viewed 9291 times
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

Post by Petrock's 1984 Spree »

Wow that looks GREAT! :2thumbs:
Complete NOOB, sorry dudes
1984 Iowa Spreedio aka "Hammy"
-72cc Polini Corsa
-V8 Typhoon Exhaust
-21mm OKO & CT Mani
-ZX Trans 1k Contra
-8.44:1 Gears
-Polini 2 Shoe Clutch
-Koso Vented Clutch Bell
-Polini Ruckus Vari w/ 6.9g weights
-669x18x30 Belt
killerpancake
Spree
Spree

Post by killerpancake »

i need a welder...
If it don't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

(Previous)
87 honda spree
85 honda spree

(Current)
88 yammy razz

(parts bike)
another 88 yammy razz
onna spree
Spree
Spree

Post by onna spree »

Great job! :thumbsup:
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

Thanks guys, I am really proud of my build so far. As soon as I get the jetting right and the right mixture of rollers I am gonna finish up the headset swap so it really wont be a Spree anymore :D I just really like the round headlight on the eve plus its my tribute to Honda and Japan and al the people facing the crisis there now, only bad thing is it doesnt have an odometer may have to rig something up and its in kmh but that isnt a big deal. Shouldnt be too hard when I get an extra handlebar to experiment with in case I mess up dont want my only set without a headset lol at any rate I will post up a few more pics when I get here all cleaned up, the recent 2 day rain splashed mud all over her, poor thang :D
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

anyone know where to get exhaust gaskets? i dont think the stock elite one is hte right size for this 43mm bore. it fits around the lip on the exhaust but the outer diameter is smaller than the diameter of the spot on the cylinder i think that is why i have a little seepage coming out around one side of the header since its running rich, no bubbles just a very small amount leaking around the gasket. guess i will just have to take the muffler back off and measure the gasket and the place on the cylinder so i know exactly what sizes.
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

What about it Trafficjamz? :D Got my jets and starter in today :D Like i said in the PM that was really swell of you to send a storage case for the jets and one of your decals. I already had the panels off messing with it today so I was like I might as well go check the Post and sure enough my package had come in so I can go ahead and rejet while I have it apart. took the starter pinion out this morning cause it was causing my kicker to bind plus I had to put a new regulator on to see if thats why my battery wont charge and had to bolt my oil plug down good. got her started and the bushing for the pinion fell out of the case and hit the drive face and shattered so i cant put the starter in till i get one of those little bushings :D now i notice that little seepage at the header and that bothers me so i may take the exhaust off and try to rig something up before i work on the jetting. i was thinking i could take 1 or 2 old ones and cut them and stagger the layers to fill in the rest of the space that the new gasket doesnt fill and see what that does.
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
the0captain
Spree
Spree

Post by the0captain »

Mystic wrote:What about it Trafficjamz? :D Got my jets and starter in today :D Like i said in the PM that was really swell of you to send a storage case for the jets and one of your decals. I already had the panels off messing with it today so I was like I might as well go check the Post and sure enough my package had come in so I can go ahead and rejet while I have it apart. took the starter pinion out this morning cause it was causing my kicker to bind plus I had to put a new regulator on to see if thats why my battery wont charge and had to bolt my oil plug down good. got her started and the bushing for the pinion fell out of the case and hit the drive face and shattered so i cant put the starter in till i get one of those little bushings :D now i notice that little seepage at the header and that bothers me so i may take the exhaust off and try to rig something up before i work on the jetting. i was thinking i could take 1 or 2 old ones and cut them and stagger the layers to fill in the rest of the space that the new gasket doesnt fill and see what that does.
why not just use some red permatex?
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

What is that?? lol I dont use any kind of gunk on my stuff unless its a temporary fix other than maybe some locktite on crucial bolts or black silicon on intakes when i dont have any gaskets :D
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

the0captain wrote:
Mystic wrote:What about it Trafficjamz? :D Got my jets and starter in today :D Like i said in the PM that was really swell of you to send a storage case for the jets and one of your decals. I already had the panels off messing with it today so I was like I might as well go check the Post and sure enough my package had come in so I can go ahead and rejet while I have it apart. took the starter pinion out this morning cause it was causing my kicker to bind plus I had to put a new regulator on to see if thats why my battery wont charge and had to bolt my oil plug down good. got her started and the bushing for the pinion fell out of the case and hit the drive face and shattered so i cant put the starter in till i get one of those little bushings :D now i notice that little seepage at the header and that bothers me so i may take the exhaust off and try to rig something up before i work on the jetting. i was thinking i could take 1 or 2 old ones and cut them and stagger the layers to fill in the rest of the space that the new gasket doesnt fill and see what that does.
why not just use some red permatex?
Permatex is not recommended.

Just use a VW beetle exhaust gasket. they are cheap. :wink:

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/pa ... 3593=60871
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

Not only is the gasket 1mm or so too small but I think my studs may be backing out on me. I ordered a vw gasket this morning from oreily should have it in by the morning :D will also pick me up some loctite for those stud bolts. took teh side off to test and change my regulator because the one i put on it must have been bad because all my electrils stopped working :D tailight would come on once rpms were reached but not the headlight or fuel gauge or anyhting lol kickstart cover keeps binding for some reason may need to get a snap ring that holds the big gear in teh cover it allows the gear to push farther in causing hte spring to bind. i loosened the bolts and it freed it up then I noticed as i push the kicker down gas starts steadily dripping out of the header O.o any ideas on why it would flood without the choke on and no throttle applied ?
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

well redid my wiring today, whatever it was blew my fuze and melted the hot wire a little around hte battery terminal but jsut neough that i could tell it got hot i had a 9a fuze in there instead of a 7 :nervous: put a 6a back in there for lack of a 7, got some of those barrel shapped wire connectors and crimped all the wires i taped when i split the harness wires to splice in Spree connectors onto the elite motor. swapped regulator and resistor from my stock Spree and checked continuity and resistance on everything from the seat to the taillight all checked out good :D but still nothing other than my fuel gage started working :D sooo i took the front cover off cause i remembered taking the wires off the horn and I think i had them backward and i checked all the connections around where the blinkers plug in since i had them off recently. hooked a weak charged battery and what do you know everything including hte horn work again except i am not cranking hte motor to check for hte headlight because of my exhaust leak , installed starter i got from Tjamz at a deal I may add click click and my brake dimmed so i hooked hte charger up and what do ya know the starter works :D now gotta get a bushing so i can put the pinion gear back in :D i imagine i can get one at the hardware store since i know the size then i will have that finally fixed so i dont wear out my kickstarting leg :D may need to order a new kickstart circlip and return spring because it keeps binding up but if i can get the starter right it won;t matter so much atm. what about the gas dripping out of the header, should it be getting that much gas without any throttle applied? 45 pilot 95 main with clip in the middle
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

gears x bore= maybe 55mph, i can build an elite s without a bore kit to go just as fast :wink:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

maddog wrote:gears x bore= maybe 55mph, i can build an elite s without a bore kit to go just as fast :wink:
and he can do it just by flapping his lips. :smile:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight