99 SA50P build help

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Paintpsycho
BMX
BMX

99 SA50P build help

Post by Paintpsycho »

ok I have a 99 sa50p build that I am currently very disappointed with. A few weeks ago I got done with the breakin and opened the throttle up to 100% and have nothing above 50% throttle but more noise. The build is a 72 cc polini corsa with a 44 mm crank a 24 mm mikuni and phong gear short exhaust that I had upgraded to when it was still stock. During the breakin I thought it was great with the throttle set at half it would do 45 wot but since I opened it up the top end is only 48. Everybody else's builds using basically the same setup has the v8 or pg long exhaust. Could this be my shortcoming and does it really make that much of a difference? I know it's not a jetting issue I have tried every combination known to man and the only result from what I have now is slower top end. Oh and takeoff from standing to 10 mph is very week no matter the jetting. I attribute this to the stock vari and clutch thats set to be replaced I just haven't taken them out of the box yet. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
Paintpsycho
BMX
BMX

Re: 99 SA50P build help

Post by Paintpsycho »

I forgot to mention I have upgraded the final gears to 8 to 1 as well and top end is around 4k
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

I attribute this to the stock vari and clutch thats set to be replaced I just haven't taken them out of the box yet.

so put then in and then get back..you may pick up top speed or other things
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

try changing the variator. if you havent done so aleady there is a plate behind it that keeps the belt from rising past a certain point. could be why you are stuck at 45 WOT
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
iRiE S0ULJAH
Goped
Goped

Post by iRiE S0ULJAH »

i have a keli pulley with sef ramp forsale only used onces
if interested pm tankz
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

I'm runnin the corsa with a 24mm carb and 8.4's and breaking 60. I do have an expansion chamber though. Sounds like its more transmission tuning than anything. Try the vari and some clutch springs to help your take off and get back with results.
Paintpsycho
BMX
BMX

Post by Paintpsycho »

I have a kelli vari w/9g rollers and a polini 2g clutch and bell just haven't had time to put them on yet. Also just wasn't sure if it was worth upgrading to the expansion chamber or pg long exhaust while I have it down. And can anybody tell me the difference between the polini vari that VT keep tryin to talk me into upgrading to and the kelli I have besides the price? They both claim the same gains in top speed out of the box I just don't know if the polini has a different slope or not. Also I keep losing my temp sensor reading at random times and have to reset the trailtech. is this a common problem? just askin. On a good note I just got done with the plastic finally and hope to upload some pics soon. it's black cherry with gold leaf and a black skull on the front cowl. I hope that turns out in the pic because it turned out bad *. Thanks for all your help guys.
lilredspree
Spree
Spree

Post by lilredspree »

I personally use the keli variator and haven't had any problems yet. No experience with the polini vari, I'm sure others have though.

Are you still running the stock exhaust?

And for the trailtech, I use their vapor model, make sure you dont have any kinks in the wires as it could have frayed the copper, messing up the electrical flow. The other thing with the trailtech is if you unplug the sensor you have to reset the head unit to regain a signal. Is it losing signal just at random times while the motor is running? If so there is some sort of connection problem.
Paintpsycho
BMX
BMX

Post by Paintpsycho »

I have more pics if anybody is interested but heres a few I got yesterday when the sun was shining and I wasn't busy as I always seem to be these days.
Attachments
You can see where I mounted the speedo lead and how the carb rubs and is destroying my plastic. Future changes on the slate for this winter is drilling holes int the clutch cover to keep the polini cool and I just like the way it looks and smoothin off the corners of my home made speedo bracket and painting it the black cherry
You can see where I mounted the speedo lead and how the carb rubs and is destroying my plastic. Future changes on the slate for this winter is drilling holes int the clutch cover to keep the polini cool and I just like the way it looks and smoothin off the corners of my home made speedo bracket and painting it the black cherry
Carb.jpg (106.44 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
You can see the stripes of gold leaf I have down the sides to make it look like it's still moving just sitting there
You can see the stripes of gold leaf I have down the sides to make it look like it's still moving just sitting there
right_side.jpg (65.38 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
The skull. This is my favorite part
The skull. This is my favorite part
Skull.JPG (196.25 KiB) Viewed 4729 times