Just checking in **update 1/19**

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

jcrabb13
Noob
Noob

Just checking in **update 1/19**

Post by jcrabb13 »

wasn't sure where else to put this, so sorry in advance...

Hey guys, freaking TotalRuckus did a blackout because of the SOPA crap, and I've been meaning to come see what kind of spree forums existed. Been looking for a cheap one for my broke * roommate who may not have a car this semester. So here I am! I am a Junior at Texas A&M, I get my Aggie Ring here in march. Love this place but can't wait to get out.

Now for the good stuff, my toys;

Madelyn, 1997 Acura Integra DB8 (VTAK yooo)
-garage queen, hard parker extraordinaire

Cooter-Scooter, 2009 Ruckus
-daily campus cruiser

So if anyone's got a cheap scoot in there backyard near college station, let me know, i'd love to add it to the collection :)
Last edited by jcrabb13 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuprasNsprees
Elite
Elite

Re: Just checking in

Post by SuprasNsprees »

nice rides.

diggin the ruckus
'86 Honda Spree : taz stage3 w/ mild porting, head milled 0.015", and pulley mod. 2k+ mies on kit
'80 Puch Magnum MKII
'78 Maxi Newport. Polini 64cc case matched, hi comp head, Rito alum crank, delorto 21mm race, etc.
'78 PA50 Hobbit
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Just checking in

Post by Carnie »

Welcome to hondaspree.net! No promises, but I'm sure you can find one super cheap on Craigslist. Although I think it's down for the SOPA as well but they are pretty easy to find for less than $300 especially if non running. Best of wishes!
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

CL is not down you just have to wait for 10 seconds then click on the blue link at the bottom of the screen :D
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
jcrabb13
Noob
Noob

Just checking in

Post by jcrabb13 »

Thanks guys, I've been scouring searchtempest for like a 100 mile radius but nothing major yet. Sent an email on a 70s CT90 and lowballed a guy in Austin for a spree but he never came back with a counter offer like he said he would. I'd really like to find a non running one for like 100-200 but not much more. After screwing with the GET for a while I'm sure these swaps or replacement motors can't be too expensive.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

There was one listed a week or two ago that was plug and play for $150. They are priced about like the get but not as plentiful in plug and play condition.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
jcrabb13
Noob
Noob

Post by jcrabb13 »

Talked to a local scooter nut about some projects he had laying around. He offered an old Elite if I would repair his ruck. I believe it just needs a new stator, which I just so HAPPEN to have in my garage. Hopefully we'll have a new scoot in the garage soon :rock:

not sure which elite it is, i'll take pics when i go look at the ruck.

EDIT: slight delay, guy doesn't want to trade off the elite, cause of rarity and what not. I'm still gonna do the trade but i'm doing it for a GY6. (ewwwww)

I'll clean it up, turn it and get my roomie on a honda :)