modded 89 elite :)

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

7m-iata
Goped
Goped

modded 89 elite :)

Post by 7m-iata »

just finished the stretch on my scoot so I figured I'd throw some pics out there. its still a work in progress I have to finish wiring cleaner, paint and a few things here and there.
and to answer some questions I KNOW you might wonder
1. the sway arm is from a kymco agility 50 (direct bolt on mod) fits a ruckus tire + about 1/2 inch
2. Yes any part that fits the kymco agility 50 will fit a elite sa50 engine that means pipes carbs etc etc.
3. gears are from the elite as well as cylinder crank carb etc.
4. variator weights, clutch springs, gears, carb jetted, pipe is custom and TUNED, frame stretched and all lowering was suspension and is adjustable both height and length
5. yes it WILL have a body made for it just not yet.
6. it runs about 50-55mph and gets about 65mpg. on average
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Re: modded 89 elite :)

Post by tabs808 »

Oh wow its a 89 LX!
Usually when i hear or read 89, a sb50 comes up
I like how you trimmed the nose panel for tire clearance
Yea the kymco agility is a dio based motor, so whats the gear ratio with the honda gears? Still 10:1?
Was gonna do this exact same setup with my 2000 sa50 but with a 12" rear rim but i couldnt find aftermarket gears for this block. Is it the same as the af16?
How is the seat mounted?
Any pics of the assembly/build?
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

same here, I was picturing a sb50 (like mine)...
I like what you did with it, kind of like a merger of an elite S and a ruckus.
fascinating!

Does the rear brake work? it seems like the cable doesn't go all the way back to the rear brake...
I need to look at that again. I may have imagined it. :shock:
7m-iata
Goped
Goped

Post by 7m-iata »

it has a 12" rear rim its the stock rim from the agility. and yeah i remembered when i was looking for stuff like a pipe when i first got the scoot and i was having trouble searching for honda stuff, but if you search for kymco stuff tons of crap comes up. at the moment the rear cable is about 3 inches too short im picking one up soon but for right now the front brakes work fine. as for the gears they are the stock sa50 gears with the output gear of the kymco which has 2 teeth less than the elite? so its basically a stock elite ratio just slightly higher not sure what it would be though. the seat is mounted with a bar welded from one side of the frame to the next then sits on the gas tank as it did stock on the sundiro it came off of. the scoot is kinda a merger of a few scoots (sundiro, honda, kymco) but all in all it rides decent for a lowered scoot and its one of maybe 2 or 3 in town so it stands out.
i have pics somewhere of the stock scoot then some with the sway arm on it other than that all the work was done in a day, its alot less work than it seems to stretch these things. ill be painting the frame soon and ill take pics of the extension and how the front is lowered. and if anyone wants pics of a certain piece or info just ask.
oh and it is still a 49cc not bored if anyone is wondering, i didnt mention that before and get asked alot around town when i take off on cars at lights :twisted:
motormike

Post by motormike »

The front brake only status of your scooter is SLIGHTLY safer than riding with your eyes closed... 8)
You will pay a high price if the situation demands sudden braking....be smart and buy a cable... :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

You need a way longer shock. That motor angle is ulgly
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
7m-iata
Goped
Goped

Post by 7m-iata »

ive rode the scoot very little with just the front brakes its only been stretched for about 4 days now and only has about 6 miles from driving around my neighborhood on it since the brakes were disconnected. and the engine angle is fine its causing no issues and i can adjust the angle by adjusting ride height. right now its lowered to about 1-1/2" ride height i can raise it to about 3-1/2" and the engine sits a little angled the other way when i do that.
7m-iata
Goped
Goped

Post by 7m-iata »

-__- ran through a bunch of paint?!?! idk where i did this but i have white all over my front plastics rims and back of my shirt so looks like its time for paint. going with metallic blue front plastics, dark navy floor/dash plastics, and yellow frame the rims will be yellow lips with metallic blue centers. gonna look good accent the emgine/sway arm a little also will post pics friday or saturday
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

What pipe is that?
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
7m-iata
Goped
Goped

Post by 7m-iata »

i built it. i love the curve of it, i have a slight flat spot from ~32-35 then it picks back up till it hits ~45-47 and slowly gets up to 50
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Post by tabs808 »

is that a resonator or an actual expansion chamber?
7m-iata
Goped
Goped

Post by 7m-iata »

expansion chamber. its 3" wide 11" long set at 10.5" from the engine. i'll look for the site but i cant remember it for the life of me. it basically asked for a few specs and gave you the "ideal" dimensions for a expansion chamber and how far from the engine etc. it should be. i used it as a starting point and tuned from there. ended up with this.
7m-iata
Goped
Goped

Post by 7m-iata »

wish i could post some pics, but i got caught up with a different honda build for a customer.Image
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

single cam non vtec??? same as af05e :lol:
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
7m-iata
Goped