spree+jazz= spazz!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

spazz
Goped
Goped

spree+jazz= spazz!

Post by spazz »

hello hondspree.net dudes. my name is Andrew and I am building a new project bike.
I live in Calgary Alberta Canada eh. and I am part of the Freak50 scooter crew.(we are a bunch of punk rockers/party heads)

Right now I own 4 honda scooters, this one is going to be my hotrod.(the othes are racers and cruisers) HONDA or NUTHIN.
I haven't posted much, but I have been lurkin here for a while,I love your community and am stoked to be part of it.

the build started with a 1986 honda spree frame that I had kickin around (in fairly good shape) and a 2005 honda jazz (metro in the states) in very rough shape (poor thing) I drove for 4 hours to get it for 200$. the engine and wiring was all I wanted, so I turfed the rest. I have got the bike sitting as a rolling chassis, with lots of work left
to do.

I am going for the streched look but I am going to aim at keeping the panels fairly stock looking (1984 decals tho, they are so much better then the handwriting) I am ordering most of my parts through ebay and password JDM. I hope to keep the price around 1200.oo. and have the bike compleated by the end of june.

with all that said, time for some pictures.
spazz
Goped
Goped

Re: spree+jazz= spazz!

Post by spazz »

pile of stuff.jpg
pile of stuff.jpg (166.83 KiB) Viewed 13373 times
a pile of randomness.
bareframe.jpg
bareframe.jpg (4.23 KiB) Viewed 13373 times
the bare fame painted gloss grey.
frame+engine.jpg
frame+engine.jpg (164.61 KiB) Viewed 13373 times
The frame with the motor mounted, also the horn and the original spree ignition.
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

casing.jpg
casing.jpg (183.27 KiB) Viewed 13373 times
my transmission case, this case was in pretty rough shape there was several deep scratches and a dent/hole in the center of the honda writing. so I cut the center out fully sanded and polised until my figrprints were gone. also that is the paint colors I have chosen for the scoot. the grey is: Tremclad Gloss grey rust paint (Revive and Protect). the red is Krylon fusion (for plastic) the color is 42328 red pepper. the red wetsands quite well and seems to bond fairly well too.
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

fender.jpg
fender.jpg (90.68 KiB) Viewed 13373 times
front fender....ANaRChY!
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

this is my friend fubar... he actually looks like this....all the time
fubar.jpg
fubar.jpg (108.16 KiB) Viewed 13372 times
was in need of an internal fender (I ride through alot of different wheater conditions) but I still wanted the bare rear tire look...so I modded out the original metro fender to fit like this.
fender installed.jpg
fender installed.jpg (126.09 KiB) Viewed 13372 times
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

everyone likes shiny parts right? these are my new (fake) carbon bar ends.
barend.jpg
barend.jpg (86.4 KiB) Viewed 13369 times

I have built a battery box, this holds it super tight.
newbatterybox.jpg
newbatterybox.jpg (157.47 KiB) Viewed 13369 times
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

this is the rear bracing , this bike is a hard tail, my challenge is to fit everything under the stock panels. can anyone see the pics I am posting?
....sickspeed.
sticker.jpg
sticker.jpg (166.81 KiB) Viewed 13367 times
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

so here is a mock up..I have changed the pipe angle and this pic is not so sexy..I am waiting on gas line and a few parts on order.
sideview.jpg
sideview.jpg (179.9 KiB) Viewed 13365 times
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Post by tabs808 »

Nice build, real sleeper haha
Sooo, quick question... The jazz/metro motor is 4stroke right?
Why is there a 2stroke pipe on it?
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

ummm ..well yes it is a four stroke, this pipe I ordered on a whim..it was from Hong Kong and said it was for this engine... I don't think it will work, but I may just drill mass holes in the back...if it doesn't I will order a big gun pipe....do you think I can make it work?
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Post by tabs808 »

not too sure. i mean, it'll work but idk how it will react, performance wise
on a ruckus forum, there were some guys running a horizontal style 2stroke pipe on their 150cc
it looked real nice but after a short while, it split at the beginning at the expansion chamber
but thats a 150cc engine with a 70cc designed pipe
you might be able to pull it off, have you given it a try yet?
or if anything, keep your stock exhaust, chop off the stock muffler, and make your own.
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

i dont think you will like riding it without a shock.... you might wanna change that before you get to far if not o well :thumbwink:
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

There are plenty of Harley riding knuckle heads out there on hard tails doing serious saddle time at high speeds... I say go for it if thats what you want, and pick up a kidney belt the next time you are at the drug store :naughty:

I want to see photos of the pipe side!
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

hello.
Tabs808..thanks fer the info,I have nothing to loose by trying it. I used the chopped off stock pipe to weld this up. the flanges were close on the pipe, but I found this to be the cleanest solution.

fastplastic.....what up dood?, this build is a hard tail, the frame is strong..more bracing than you can see in the pics. check out all of the metros with gy6 swaps alot of them are hardtails. and they are pushing some 2 stroke torque and speed.(if any extra bracing is needed it will go in) thanks for the comment tho. (if you disargee, let me know why..thanks)

fishman43... with the amount of beer I drink, a kidney belt is a good Idea for this build. the seat has so much foam I think it will be fine,, gotta watch for big potholes!! pipe side pic comin up.
spazz
Goped
Goped

Post by spazz »

so here is how she sits now..the rad cover will be ordered from jdm password. I have already ordered my axle spools and kickstart in red..password jdm is awesome.
pipeside.jpg
pipeside.jpg (214.35 KiB) Viewed 13321 times