1984 Spree Iowa Rebuild - White wheel added

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

Re: 1984 Spree Iowa Rebuild - White wheel added

Post by 87spree70superbee »

LOVE the chrome belt cover! Did you just have the outside chromed? I know usually small things are dip-chromed inside and out. Where did you get yours done? I may have to steal that idea from you. :-)
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.
two4one
Goped
Goped

Post by two4one »

87spree70superbee wrote:LOVE the chrome belt cover! Did you just have the outside chromed? I know usually small things are dip-chromed inside and out. Where did you get yours done? I may have to steal that idea from you. :-)
Could have swore I replied to this already but I guess not. If it's not too late I polished it. No chrome.
ruttrider
Noob
Noob

Post by ruttrider »

Hi, I was going to paint my spree soon and saw you mentioned you use krylon Fusion and some of you'r technique. Your paint job looks awesome and thats the quality Iam shooting for !! If you could explain your technique in a little more detail that would be a great help to me !!

Thanks,Jeff :coolcruise:
two4one
Goped
Goped

Post by two4one »

ruttrider wrote:Hi, I was going to paint my spree soon and saw you mentioned you use krylon Fusion and some of you'r technique. Your paint job looks awesome and thats the quality Iam shooting for !! If you could explain your technique in a little more detail that would be a great help to me !!

Thanks,Jeff :coolcruise:
I can't offer much more on the process than what I already have in a previous post. Have you ever done any bodywork or prep type work? If you haven't, this is where a successful job will be made. You can PM me if you have any questions.

"Yes I use the Krylon Fusion paint on any small plastic paint projects. I have it down to a science and it looks like auto paint when I'm done. I do spray auto paint for certain projects but for this and even race plastic it's not worth it.

I do three coats of the paint followed by three coats of Fusion clear. The last coat being VERY thick. I then sand it with anywhere from 600-2000 grit wet before buffing with compound, polishing and then wax. Pretty standard process."