Honda Aero 50 1986 Restoration in the Philippines

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

honda.tact.guy
BMX
BMX

Re: Honda Aero 50 1986 Restoration in the Philippines

Post by honda.tact.guy »

uk-visionsa50 wrote:regarding the colour it says on your papers, shasta white, spoke to a friend who does resprays for a living and is going to be respraying my vision, he says that my one is shasta white, just thought id let you know, heres a pic of mine, just a example of what shasta white is...................
That is close to the pearl white I intend to color it with. :geekdance:
Last edited by honda.tact.guy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honda.tact.guy
BMX
BMX

Post by honda.tact.guy »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings;

If it's just a sound, it may be some item of sheetmetal vibrating in harmony with the RPM. I had a really loud buzz from a metal shroud on my first Aero build one time, drove me crazy. Also the little oval heat shield on the exhaust is notorious for wearing thin and buzzing. If it feels like the whole engine is vibrating, then yes check the bearings. Should be easy enough to grab the output shaft and check for play.

Drove a bit then I removed the drive side cover then the variator. There is an obvious wobble of the crankshaft. So is it really the bearings?
honda.tact.guy
BMX
BMX

Post by honda.tact.guy »

Dio89Elite wrote:if you're paint job is handled the way you've put it back together, with meticulous care and attention to detail, the outcome will be a beauty! Thanks for sharing the pics that you've already posted.

Hopefully you'll be able to pinpoint the source of that noise and get it taken care of.

Thank you Dio89Elite. Ive got same hopes. I have contacted several people I know who can help me with acquiring the right paints. I learned that primer for metal is different from plastic primers. I have yet to find the right primer for the plastic body. I know the finished paint is only as good as the primer it will sit on. Definitely no place for a rattle can paint on this bike. :smile:
honda.tact.guy
BMX
BMX

Post by honda.tact.guy »

The muffler did not come with a heat shield when I bought it. So I had to have someone I trust make one for me. I opted the chrome kind. Looks good to me when installed. Will take photos asap.
macadamia.nuthead
Noob
Noob

Post by macadamia.nuthead »

how's your aero running now? how much did you get it for?
i have an evo - now i'd like an aero

May the force be with you.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

i dont think there will be any up dates from this fellow

can you say banned
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
met44
Noob
Noob

Post by met44 »

Had the same problem you described,it's maddening-turns out my centre-stand had broken in half and was vibrating like crazy against frame,made it sound like a 4t trials bike.
Short term solution was to neatly wrap a length of thin rope around it-worked a treat.