its back from the dead

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

its back from the dead

Post by wikked_spree57 »

So i did some measuring and found that with minimal effort those four stroke motors fit our elite frames. I have mine mounted only needed new shock mount and light mod to motor mount for pipe to clear. Ill have pics up soon, it looks fantastic.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Re: its back from the dead

Post by mmeadows »

i dont get it.

what does a new honda 4 stroke go for? + aren't they heavy? seems like your spending Way more money to just go backwards. not to mention if you have something titled that came with a 2 stroke why would you put something environmentally friendly on it?

why didn't you just keep the af16 in there?
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'm all for the bracing smell of blue two-stroke smoke, and plenty of it. But I'm also for experimentation, and there are some real virtues of the quiet, appliance-like efficiency of the Honda 4-strokes. I wouldn't mind extending my range to something beyond 50 miles, for example, and there are times when I wish the house lights and car alarms weren't tracing my path through Deepinnaharta on the way home in the Wee Hours.
You go, Wikked. Just be sure to show us how.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

did not consider the extended milage i guess that is a plus.
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

the engine was not a true honda. it was a chinese clone. i adapted it to the elites wiring. i still have to take pics. with the right length bolt, the original af16 mount fit the clone engine. i had to lightly mod it for the pipe to clear but not much. otherwise i only had to relocate shock mount and delete rear fender.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)