Scooterswapshop aero/Zuma swap

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

DeathByFox
Spree
Spree

Re: Scooterswapshop aero/Zuma swap

Post by DeathByFox »

I was afraid of that....I just need an exhaust system that doesn't snap if I fart hard during a bump...
Bright lights put me in a dance But it aint house music makes me wanna dance
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I run the Athena HPR 47mm single ring kit also, its not bad but I also ported mine really good. The zx-r exhaust is holding you back a lot you should go with a c16/20/21, which ever youre going for. 90-95 main should be what youre going for with that exhaust and 19mm carb. Its just not a high rpm exhaust and the low end sucks, I have one I ran for 30 minutes or so then gave it to a friend and he wrecked the bike and bent up the * zx-r pipe.
When you say it takes off slow then at 25 it just flies, it really seems like its what these do. Hit sky high rpms and dont move fast, then almost like 2nd gear is turbo charged. Its either inherit of the engine or we both need to do some trans tuning. 9500 rpms isnt high rpms on these engines, once you hit 12-13k then it really livens up. If you think it is transmission problems you will see some belt shavings or burn marks on the clutch housing. It will only take a few rides for that to happen.
yam-aero
Noob
Noob

Post by yam-aero »

proud new owner of the yamaero :smile: ... still needs to be tuned but I am currently working on a lowered seat and custom tank for it... plastic welder is on the way and ill be customizing the plastics... ill probably start a new thread soon and post some pics
2 Suzuki fa50's
1986? Honda aero 50 w/ zuma swap BBK leo vince pipe
1985 aero 50 (stock)
1980 Honda pa50 hobbit w/93 original miles
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Nice, welcome to the board!
yam-aero
Noob
Noob

Post by yam-aero »

I prefer yamaero... kinda sounds like yenko and Camaro jammed together... although yamahonda zumaero sounds good too :lol:
or there was... hondamaha aeruma (worst sounding one I jammed together yet... :eyeroll: )

@graphite9
yours was the 2nd moped I bought... I now own 5... :crazy:
2 Suzuki fa50's
1986? Honda aero 50 w/ zuma swap BBK leo vince pipe
1985 aero 50 (stock)
1980 Honda pa50 hobbit w/93 original miles