My first elite build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

cruzingratiot
Elite
Elite
Location: Detroit michigan , 2000 Purple elite s ,2001 Black elite s ,

Re: My first elite build

Post by cruzingratiot »

section 10 page 5 of shop manual
10-5.jpg
10-5.jpg (215.4 KiB) Viewed 9240 times
Donate Life
6-7-04 Liver Transplant Recipitant
http://www.donatelife.net/
Thank You

My 2000 Mystic Purple Elite Build
LINK -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27850
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Saw that in the manual but I'm not too sure how to read those images. But I guess 0.2 inches from the opening?
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Bump on the question about crank clearance with video. Hopefully can get this running this weekend!
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

bfowler wrote:Bump on the question about crank clearance with video. Hopefully can get this running this weekend!
So its hard to tell whats happening in the video.

Is the crank fetching up? Or are you just concerned the con rod hitting the front of the case?

If the crank doesnt spin smoothly there is a problem.

If you are worried about if the con rod will hit the front of case you can instal cylinder bolts then just carefully instal piston without clips and rings and slide cylinder on and rotate crank to make sure it spins freely and doesnt hit somehwere. You should be ok.
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Just concerned the con rod is hitting the front of the case, side opposite of the boost port. I don't think I could've installed the crank wrong since it's pretty basic with the tusk crank puller.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

im sure you will be fine.But do as suggested fit piston with no clips or rings slide on cylinder with studs finger tight and slowly turn it over
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

paulpauly7 has good input on this :happy:
is that a stock crank????
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Installed the cylinder and piston and head. It's starting to come together! Making sure the o-ring stayed in the right spot for the head was a little weird. Kept falling and moving out of place. Went to go and install the pg short exhaust but I noticed that the 2 bolts that mount to the engine are a bit long. I looked at the stock exhaust and the exhaust has some built in spacers for where the exhaust mounts to the engine. Should I just add in some washers under the bolt to make its a snug fit as the bolts are a bit long without any washers? What do you guys do? Pics below since I know its a bit confusing the way I described. And also, what do you guys use to install the oil seals? They're a bit tough to get in there. Was planning on getting everything finished this weekend but I had my MSF course. Going to get my license! And no, swimming, its a malossi stuffer full circle stuffer crank.
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Well posted in the technical help about my gear cover issues that I'm experiencing. As a side issue, I'm pretty sure I installed my crank seals backwards. I hope they'll still do their job. Maybe I should put some honda bond around it?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

bfowler wrote:Well posted in the technical help about my gear cover issues that I'm experiencing. As a side issue, I'm pretty sure I installed my crank seals backwards. I hope they'll still do their job. Maybe I should put some honda bond around it?
What??? Do not run them if they are in backward. They will most likely leak. Hondabond will not work, don't even try. You can get them out and replace them easily. Post a pic of the seals installed, someone will tell you if they are in correctly.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Alright well I am slowly getting closer to riding this thing for the first time and I can hardly wait. Got the carb idle/air screws dialed in enough to where it can idle so I went ahead and did some heat cycles. I let it idle on the stand till the CHT said about 210 degrees and then I let it cool down to 50 degrees. Did this about 4 times so far. Will probably do this for a total of 10 times and then it's time to ride it!
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

great but you dont wont it to idle it needs to be up off idle and have no load on the motor
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Meaning part throttle while on the stand? Or meaning part throttle while riding?
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

while doing heat cycles and on your first ride feather that throttle ever so carefully
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

these guys are the best. they helped me with my first swap. they know what they are doing. I couldn't contain myself I did a small 5' foot burn out in breaking period. you have your motor running that's great. once it's all done, nothing but fun. everyone spends money on these builds. I lost track after a couple thousand now a have a few elites. it's addicting. once you do one you want to do a better one. and faster. I was surprised that no one would pull that bearing for you. next time try and find a machine shop. you may want to get a better shock if your going to ride with your girl. it's the least you can do after that long wait. LOL. a good lock too. keep up the good work. ride safe.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ