nujee scooter builds-elite/spree/met/xl70/xs400/ruckus, etc.

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

nujee
Goped
Goped

Re: nujee scooter builds - dio spree

Post by nujee »

More parts powdercoated

Bought a metropolitan triple tree and rear and front rim with tires. now I had to use the elite's stem and have it welded to to the met's forks. had to box cut the elite forks because that's the only way I can remove the stem from it..

then had them welded together. guy who welded it for me didnt know that the grooves have to be on the sides evenly.. too late so my plan of using the original handle bar is not going to work anymore..

here is the solution to it.. found an old school 1" diameter bmx clamp.. have an extra handlebar that I bought a while ago.

More pictures of the build tomorrow!
Last edited by nujee on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: nujee scooter builds - dio spree + naked elite

Post by swimmingfree »

boy your doing it wright big time :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
nujee
Goped
Goped

Post by nujee »

swimmingfree wrote:boy your doing it wright big time :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
swimmingfree
hahaha! thanks man. 2T hype.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

its always fun seeing a guys ( :newb: ) first build of his dream bike it always let other people no its not hard to do and is fun ...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

nujee
Goped
Goped

Post by nujee »

swimmingfree wrote:its always fun seeing a guys ( :newb: ) first build of his dream bike it always let other people no its not hard to do and is fun ...
swimmingfree
yeah I'm so stoked about these 2Ts. I have been building 4 stroke bikes and basically started with a Honda Ruckus and from there I just decided to find different scoots/bikes to build. Been on totalruckus for a while and people have seen my builds there. Now I wanted to see what I can do on the 2T side.. the "darkest side".

here's some of my builds:
Ruckus and Met

XS400 before and after

my 74 Honda XL70

Honda Gorilla clone cafe racer.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

its not the "darkest side" it the blue smoke side :smile: lol
nice build you just put up ... we on here like to see thing like that... thank for the photos
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

nujee
Goped
Goped

Post by nujee »

swimmingfree wrote:its not the "darkest side" it the blue smoke side :smile: lol
nice build you just put up ... we on here like to see thing like that... thank for the photos
swimmingfree
Haha! My Motul oil creates them blue smokes! :coolcruise: :lol:
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

ill bet other will like your builds it good to get fresh motor head on here to help as well as good builds...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

can't wait to see more pics of the naked elite. I am still confused about the 1 inch bmx clamp. I can't see anything there to clamp to. If you had planned to do this would you have had a capped pipe welded on there to extend it to the top of the bmx clamp? any more picks of this? Also can't wait to see how you tucked the wiring.
nujee
Goped
Goped

Post by nujee »

kingearwig wrote:can't wait to see more pics of the naked elite. I am still confused about the 1 inch bmx clamp. I can't see anything there to clamp to. If you had planned to do this would you have had a capped pipe welded on there to extend it to the top of the bmx clamp? any more picks of this? Also can't wait to see how you tucked the wiring.
1" bmx clamps are kinda rare and it fits perfectly on the stem without using a shim. I basically clamped it to the threads. I only used the first nut that holds the bearings as u can see on the picture.. I might ruin the threads of the stem but I really have no plan of taking it apart in the future.. greased it up pretty good and put new bearings. I also think since the bmx clamp is made of aluminum, the clamp will take the beating first before ruining the threads when I tightened it.

I drilled a hole on the main tube for the wire tuck. I will post more pics of it later.
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

Thanks for the help and for all the pics and I really like your naked elite. I did some searching and can't find the one inch bmx handlebar clamp... do you have any idea where to get more? I probably won't be doing it this year but I will definitely be putting on the metro triple tree and mild ape hangers soon.
kingearwig
Spree
Spree

Post by kingearwig »

I also can't wait to see what you did with the battery on this naked elite.
nujee
Goped
Goped

Post by nujee »

kingearwig wrote:Thanks for the help and for all the pics and I really like your naked elite. I did some searching and can't find the one inch bmx handlebar clamp... do you have any idea where to get more? I probably won't be doing it this year but I will definitely be putting on the metro triple tree and mild ape hangers soon.
haha i picked one up from a local shop and they said that was the last one. i guess nobody really uses it anymore so they are not sure if they can still get them or probably not even gonna bother re stocking them. i mean u can use regular size clamps even for the mountainbikes but just need to get a shim to convert it to 1".

battery will be inside the seat compartment and all the electricals. bike is actually running now but i havent bought a battery yet and just been kick starting it. still doing break in. Still in process of uploading pics so you'll see more.
broke-chanic
BMX
BMX

Post by broke-chanic »

Love that Mango!! I miss mines BIG TIME! I moved on to the AE86 but nothing beats the sound of dual 40s on a 3T! Nice ride and scoot.
nujee
Goped
Goped

Post by nujee »

broke-chanic wrote:Love that Mango!! I miss mines BIG TIME! I moved on to the AE86 but nothing beats the sound of dual 40s on a 3T! Nice ride and scoot.
thanks man!

sorry guys.. i havent got a chance to upload pics of the elite.. too busy with the new scoot i just picked up. so many projects going on.. i have another ruckus from a trade with my gorilla clone and yesterday I picked up a yamaha morphous.. ride is smooth and comfy.. only got 385 miles