tacoma's CH80 spree

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

lacedgod
Noob
Noob

tacoma's CH80 spree

Post by lacedgod »

I figure i should finally post a build thread since i have been on here for a year.
I went with my friend to pick up a spree I was the one to test ride it and instantly fell in love with it even though it was slow. he ended up buying it for a good price and a few weeks later he sold it to me with a ch80 and the mount welded it was far from being done and was told it was gonna cost $100 to get the stator, but I couldnt pass up the offer so I ended up buying it with all of the change in my house ... not joking .
ended up storing it in my room
since i didnt have the money to get it running i spent my free time on painting it

I was lucky and found a stator for $15 the bolt to mount the engine for $2 and the speedocable for $5 so i could finally have it put together but I still had a lot of wiring problems and no battery but it was running
it took 4 months but I finally had everything ready i ended up getting a battery for free and fixed most of my wiring problems
I spent a total of $255 including everything from the spree itself to the paper work. I have to say its the best 200 I have ever spent the spree launches and passes the modded 50cc rucks. They never see it coming
after riding it for a couple months my exhaust kept breaking ever other week. so i swapped a 150cc gy6 header since it was free.
I bought another spree with a big bore dio swap for $80 I put it away for a while and used the suspension ,seat and fairings from it so i could finally ride in comfort
I tend to get random stuff for free from my friends like this headlight from a yamaha he had. it looks alot better with a round light.
my 150 exhaust broke off and since i had cut fairings i got another gy6 exhaust for free except this time it was a 50cc header so I reversed it and hav it pointing up on the left side, not only does it help keep my engine cooler but it also goes along with my future plans since im wanting to build a bosozoku spree
since the header was more restrictive I finally had enough back pressure to have it tuned right, no more backfiring everywhere making kids run inside when i ride by and no more worrying about being pulled over. only thing now was while i was doing my "highspeed" runs doing 50 my fan and fan shroud blew up so i had to retro fit the extra fan off of a 2stroke. since no one has ch80 parts sounds like its sketch but i ended up riding for a few hours and never had a issue
lacedgod
Noob
Noob

Re: tacoma's CH80 spree

Post by lacedgod »

towards the end of the summer my spree finally broke 10,000 miles I ended up using the spree as my main transportation since it was so fun and cheap. I just had to keep a few bottles of gas with me since half a gallon only gets me around 30 miles. I have alot of plans for it. im planning to get a beefier front tire setup, a custom boso seat and bolt on exhaust so i can have a crazy loud long pipe one day and a quiet short pipe the next since i have the gy6 header, also plan on having my keg modified to be a secondary gas tank.
I have broke the 50mph mark so i dont care as much about going faster right now
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Very cool modding keep up the good work.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

lacedgod wrote: no more backfiring everywhere making kids run inside when i ride by
I guess that's why they call it Tacompton :lol:

Looks like it's been through a lot of changes, I can't wait to race a ruckus someday too.

For extra fuel capacity I utilized the 2 stroke oil tank as a spare gas tank and plumbed it together, it's 1 extra quart of fuel. If you come up with the keg style gas tank let me know how it works.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Tyler VR wrote:
lacedgod wrote: no more backfiring everywhere making kids run inside when i ride by
I guess that's why they call it Tacompton :lol:

Looks like it's been through a lot of changes, I can't wait to race a ruckus someday too.

For extra fuel capacity I utilized the 2 stroke oil tank as a spare gas tank and plumbed it together, it's 1 extra quart of fuel. If you come up with the keg style gas tank let me know how it works.

Tacompton not cool.......
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Very nice build. I like that used look. you cant paint that used look. lol.
all you have to get is a weed trimmer gas tank and use that for oil or gas. zip tie it to the frame.
take the filter out and use a in line screen filter. nice work.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
lacedgod
Noob
Noob

Post by lacedgod »

thanks.
I just need to get a new battery, rear brakes, tabs and a rebuild kit since i leak oil then il be set this year but i plan on getting a crazy boso exhaust made and making my spare seat into a boso style seat. seriously hope i get this job soon so i can get everything done