big block 125cc elite build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

welder steve
Goped
Goped

big block 125cc elite build

Post by welder steve »

ok i figured id start the build thread for my latest project. im building a honda aero 125cc engine to swap into my 97 elite. reasons? to be different as its a pretty rare engine and then theirs the other plus's like a stock 6.03 final drive, and stock the engine pushed 1 200lb scoot to 65 easily stock. i got the bottom end first, then a cylinder that was seized which is cool as std pistons are almost imposible to find but luckily i found an over-sized .5mm piston and rings nos in shiny red boxes. i plan on porting the stock cylinder for now and haveing the piston and head ceramic coated. i have a ct manifold an an oko carb ready to go on just need to make an adapter as the bolt pattern is a little off. then i am building a custom pipe from scratch using a pipe program i have. further down the road i am interested in trying a gilera/aprilia 125 big bore kit just have to try to find the bore spacing somewhere to see what else is a match. end plan is cruising at 65 top speed of 80+. ill post some pic's soon im building the engine mount from stainless. any imput would be greatly apreciated
whitey
Spree
Spree

Re: big block 125cc elite build

Post by whitey »

Hello Steve from west michigan I'm from muskegon. What part you from? I saw one of these 125 aeros for sale and would have liked to pick it up but it was in Chicago and I'm lazy. I own a gilera runner 125 which is now a 172cc. I measured an old cylinder for you to consider. The stroke is 52mm, cylinder sleeve is 70mm, and the stud spacing is not square it's 67x67x67x56. I'd like to see you get this project together and see what it's like. Good luck
01 Honda Elite S 120cc Taida H20
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
78 Honda Express/Hobbit Stage6/Athena LC 70
00 Gilera Runner PM Tuning 172
09 Aprillia SR50 Malossi Team MHR
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

oh man you just helped me a load i bet that thing is a beast, im in grand rapids not far at all from ya
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

also out of curiosity would you be willing to part with the srock parts in the name of science? if their is a fee i understand :)
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

science?

what do you need?
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

I dont have any useable spares but your welcome to a toasted malossi 172 cylinder for scientific purposes of course
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

that would be perfect as i want to try and put that kit on eventually, oh yeah man about to drop science and see what bores are interchangable, i know work will need to be done but hey itll be fun
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

I have a piaggio (which is the same as gilera and Aprillia) cylinder I put on my honda hobbit. Exact same stud layout and stroke just had to make a 5mm spacer. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be fairly easy. I'll be in gr tonight for the korn/zombie concert at the delta plex but with friends so prolly not much free time to meet up but you could always pick it up at my house.
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

oh man your going to the zombie concert sweet, thats really cool to know the piaggio fits on the hobbit which means the express as well, awesome, just pm me your address and i can shoot that way thanks man
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

just had another idea after looking at a couple variators, i could machine them to fit fairly easily, not looking for a larger diamiter just the better ramp profiles and availability of rollers. think this will get me screaming off the line also looking into clutches that have athe same diamiter ect.
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

and anyone with a spare dio 125cc pipethat wants to drop some science that wound be cool
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Good luck with your build, should be nice :thumbwink:

-- A general comment for builds forum postings --
Moderator hat on - Please review posting guidelines at this link

When the thread owner is presenting something they built it's on topic.

Who's got a part I want, what fits, what part should I get and why, what tool works, how do I tune this, has forums in Technical help, Wanted/For Sale and Performance Technical. Moderation benefits the thread owner and reader in targeting appropriate and knowledgeable responses.
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

srry, just never feel like making 5 topics , noted
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

back onto topic lol im working on the tranny this week trying different variators and clutches to see what fits, ive found that the Peugeot speedfight 100cc might be close, heres to crossing fingers, also i have a extra set of bare cases so i will be seeing what it takes to make this a 172cc hehe
welder steve
Goped
Goped

Post by welder steve »

dropped the stock cylinder off to get the ole .020 bore treatment. guy seem's cool charging me 75, worth it since i cant find a nos stock head in the us or under 450 lol. other note my buddie tried out the pipe blueprint i sent him and loves it only thing were thinking of changing is the rear baffle cone angle from 7 to 14% for a more powerful hit.