86 Spree nq50 stretch

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Re: 86 Spree nq50 stretch

Post by Kevinstonge »

motormike wrote:
paulpauly7 wrote:that wide floor pan isnt going to allow for any lean into the corners
I also read the comment as a word change, not grammar change. That floor board, after sitting on the spree, will be very disfunctional. With that said, I can definitely appreciate a scraper. Any thoughts on an airbag/air shock for the rear?? Someone on total ruckus posted a thread on a $300 rear air ride setup!!
Cbarnes2186
Noob
Noob

Post by Cbarnes2186 »

Correction: it's an 83 aero we just picked up, should be fun!
Cbarnes2186
Noob
Noob

Post by Cbarnes2186 »

And in response to the air ride, I have $30 in the entire project so far including the cost of the scooter (free) lol so most likely not trying to drop that kind of money. Will instead probably lose the rear shock and run a solid bar to keep it from scraping too much. Not as nice of a ride as air ride but hey more of a rat scooter anyway so I dont really mind going hard tail. Just built my buddy's suzuki fa50 that way and it rides great. Image
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

the fa50 is more of a low rider then a rat ... but earthier way its nice ...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

And in response to the air ride, I have $30 in the entire project so far including the cost of the scooter (free) lol so most likely not trying to drop that kind of money. Will instead probably lose the rear shock and run a solid bar to keep it from scraping too much.
Just a wild idea - footboard could have pivots/latches so the could flip up into a slight 'V' for riding, then drop down when parked for show.

Here's a Yamaha lowrider I saw in town last summer. It was low enough to make me wonder if they trailer in, and scout a riding route before riding.
Yamaha_Lowrider.JPG
Yamaha_Lowrider.JPG (105.92 KiB) Viewed 10239 times
Cbarnes2186
Noob
Noob

Post by Cbarnes2186 »

Thanks swimmingfree! We're kind of starting up a little riding group of low rider scooters and peds in my town. Currently there is 5 bikes under the knife in my garage including my spree and the fa50. I'll put some pics of them together when we get the Puch Maxi, Honda Hobbit, and Aero done. This summer should be a blast! And thanks for sharing mouse that Yamaha looks great! Its hard to tell in the picture I posted but my floor pan is actually angled up a few degrees for that reason, very interesting idea with the pivots though and I will definitely put some thought into fabbing something like that up. Penn State is trying to teach me how to be an engineer so maybe ill play around with a design on CAD while im back at school!
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

heres a photo of my son and the low rider bike we made
swimmingfree
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/580x3 ... unny1a.jpg
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Cbarnes2186 wrote:. I'll put some pics of them together when we get the Puch Maxi, Honda Hobbit, and Aero done.
I'd love to see what your doing with the aero. I have a mild stretch build going on now.
Cbarnes2186
Noob
Noob

Post by Cbarnes2186 »

That bike is wild swimmingfree, thanks for sharing! We actually picked up the Aero on Saturday so at the moment we're mostly just in the planning stage. My buddy who owns the bike is 6'6" so the plan is to stretch the center of the frame a good amount to give him some much needed leg room, he looks a little ridiculous on it as it is now lol. After that the plan is to extend the motor mount about 8-10 inches and adjust the front forks accordingly to level it out. As of now were going for a wheel base of right around 70 inches and a ride height of about 3 inches. Here's a pic of the scoot as is:

Unfortunatly it'll be a few weeks before I can get home and get back to work on my Spree and this Aero project. Been messing around with some color schemes though while at school, maybe someone can give me some other ideas. This is what it will hopefully will look like when its done:
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

you are the first one on here to stretch out and make low rider out of the scooter :smile: :smile: :smile: so please post the builds and do lots photo even there not hondas ....
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

carbonblkm5
Noob
Noob

Post by carbonblkm5 »

I know this is an old post but any update to this build??
motormike

Post by motormike »

Original poster has not returned to this forum since March 2014...don't look for an update.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"