SA50 Elite Build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Re: SA50 Elite Build

Post by dem0nk1d »

600 yes if that's what i agreed to pay. you know what i mean. doesn't make sense that i should pay the dues for the past owners. they should bill him, or send his payments to collections just like the courts would do.
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
95 Elite Restore Project for Wife
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Yup. That's why you should always ask the buyer for the vin and license plate so you can calculate how much it's gonna cost you to transfer to over to you. They have a used vehicle sale calculator online that lets you see all the fees and tax you'll have to pay.

Hope you can work something out with them. I read somewhere that you aren't required to pay if the seller didn't disclose it to you. Lemme know how it turns out. Sorry to hear that
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

graphite9 wrote:ive got a title, plate and vin tag off a Washington elite...Just sayin.
:thumbsup:

I'm heading down to the DMV in a few if i can get the fee's dropped to 150 max i'll pay and be done with things. This build is for the woman so it's kind of special to get her riding. which i think she'll love.
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

Little update

I went to the DMV yesterday and talked to another guy. This guy at the DMV was more human than the other guy. He firstly stated that it is possible to reduce the fees and more or less the penalties, but we have to ask a super. So that sounded better. So now I have to contact the original owner and have him sign a planned non-op form from when the registration went out in 2002 till today. So total dues will have been 535 and now dropped to about 200.00 I can deal with this for sure! I will still be paying the back fees, but 200 is worth it. So the build continues.

Currently doing a color change on the panels from faded red to brilliant gloss white. I have one of the rear panels to fix as it has a small crack in the panel. IÔÇÖll test the method of using the abs glue and fiberglass cloth. I also polished up the CVT cover in the front.

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
scootert
Noob
Noob

Post by scootert »

see I would of made sure to register the bike before any major work was to be done on it
now your stuck with a running bike, while doing a new paint job and a huge registration fee

where if you knew about the fees to begin with it would of been easier to part it out if needed as it was still in rougher condition and no time was invested on it

another reason I spend extra and buy a bike already registered

I learned that lesson a long time ago with a $500 fee myself
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

let the panel preping begin. light wet sanding with 400 grit

following up with black primer

using high build gray primer wet sand 400 and always using a sanding block. Soft block is good, or you can use a brand new sponge. This way it keeps the sanding pressure even.

Using Rusto High Gloss White Enamel "Automotive" can (Once i get everything sprayed on, i'll go back wet sand 1000, 1200 and 2000 grit and buff the panels out.

Wirewheeled the CVT.

used tha snake oil stuff back to black doesn't do any good. will be preping panels and using bumper paint

Started to prep head lamp cover.

More to come...

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

scootert wrote:see I would of made sure to register the bike before any major work was to be done on it
now your stuck with a running bike, while doing a new paint job and a huge registration fee

where if you knew about the fees to begin with it would of been easier to part it out if needed as it was still in rougher condition and no time was invested on it

300 in total for an elite isn't horrible. Actually quite good. Once the bike is built, it will be a keeper. This will be one of my faster builds. =P

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
scootert
Noob
Noob

Post by scootert »

thats only because you threw a fit and you found out that there is a waiver to lower the fees

any time before purchasing you could of looked up the fees on your phone
so the $500 fee shock could of been avoided to begin with

dem0nk1d wrote:
scootert wrote:see I would of made sure to register the bike before any major work was to be done on it

300 in total for an elite isn't horrible. Actually quite good. Once the bike is built, it will be a keeper. This will be one of my faster builds. =P
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

scootert wrote:thats only because you threw a fit and you found out that there is a waiver to lower the fees

any time before purchasing you could of looked up the fees on your phone
so the $500 fee shock could of been avoided to begin with

dem0nk1d wrote:

Well now i know... Still not a bad deal... Still came up.

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
scootert
Noob
Noob

Post by scootert »

dem0nk1d wrote:So now I have to contact the original owner and have him sign a planned non-op form from when the registration went out in 2002 till today. So total dues will have been 535 and now dropped to about 200.00 I can deal with this for sure! I will still be paying the back fees, but 200 is worth it.

so you got the old owner to sing something? or still need to

I would be scared to sign anything thinking dmv would send me a bill
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

scootert wrote:
dem0nk1d wrote:So now I have to contact the original owner and have him sign a planned non-op form from when the registration went out in 2002 till today. So total dues will have been 535 and now dropped to about 200.00 I can deal with this for sure! I will still be paying the back fees, but 200 is worth it.

so you got the old owner to sing something? or still need to

I would be scared to sign anything thinking dmv would send me a bill
It's just a form saying the owner had it in storage since 2002 till now. also i didn't throw a fit at the DMV i just knew what forms to bring. I have this sh__ down to a science.

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
scootert
Noob
Noob

Post by scootert »

I didnt say you threw a fit at the dmv
but you threw a fit when you found out about the fees when first trying to register
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

scootert wrote:I didnt say you threw a fit at the dmv
but you threw a fit when you found out about the fees when first trying to register
Oh I was * for sure. But like I said I learned my lesson. Anyhow pro tip is that when or if you can afford the back fees and want the penalties dropped the previous owner needs to just fill out a quick NON-OP paper. =P Now IÔÇÖm wondering where I put that old elite mount I had from the last batches of elite. This way I can fab up a quick stretch mount. Mike, did you say you had one that you made for Junels??

--\\\Projects\\--
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
scootert
Noob
Noob

Post by scootert »

can you print up that sheet or make copies
and that way when you pick up bikes you can have it ready to fill out

yes I made a stretch he never used
but some notching will need to be done on the stretch but shouldnt be a problem
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

dem0nk1d wrote: So the question is the gray plastic panels, did they come gray from the factory or black?

Experimented with propane torch on the side skirts.. Quick passes... Notice the difference...
they come black
this is about as close to factory.
panels pics.jpg
panels pics.jpg (93.31 KiB) Viewed 11819 times
dem0nk1d wrote: used tha snake oil stuff back to black doesn't do any good. will be preping panels and using bumper paint
what about the melting the panels back to black heat torch method idea? what happenned to that?