my SA50

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

AIO MotorSportS
Goped
Goped

Re: my SA50

Post by AIO MotorSportS »

not that side,i shave the brake side and some washers to set the rim,oh and mod the shock(pic) to fit 90/90/10 continental tire on NCY ruckus rim
Attachments
CAM00446.jpg
CAM00446.jpg (70.49 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

:shock: Sweet shock mod.
SWEETER SCOOT :thumbwink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
AIO MotorSportS
Goped
Goped

thanks guys but,im pretty sure the first part get/take the forces/weigth is the rubber inside the mount,after that,the bolt could be bend down and finally the aluminium block mount hole get the weigth before brake down,nothing happen of any of that 3 things yet,so im good for now,any other ideas to my shock can be install it?
AIO MotorSportS
Goped
Goped

yes I shave the back of the block/trans case,no much, like 2mm,+5mm I gain with washers on the shaft,is a clearance of 7mm,any way I think the cross beams #### inside the trans case support the tension,like the middle point in a bridge,or on a roof trusses,if not I have the choice to fill it to gain thikenes inside the case.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

You can do a Bolt with 2 washers and 2 nuts to make that case shock mount semi more solid. Run the bolt thru with a washer on the wheel side followed by a washer on the cover side and use the nut to make it more rigid. Then bolt the shock to that. It's not perfect but more structurally safe.
AIO MotorSportS
Goped
Goped

LoveMyHonda wrote:You can do a Bolt with 2 washers and 2 nuts to make that case shock mount semi more solid. Run the bolt thru with a washer on the wheel side followed by a washer on the cover side and use the nut to make it more rigid. Then bolt the shock to that. It's not perfect but more structurally safe.

that the same way I mounted,thanks
Attachments
CAM00445.jpg
CAM00445.jpg (109.47 KiB) Viewed 4939 times
AIO MotorSportS
Goped
Goped

graphite9 wrote:YouR shock being next to the mount, rather than on top of it, is like putting a long bolt in it and pushing down, from one side. Your basically twisting it rather than pushing it, as it was designed. I'm sure it will be fine, but you will probably have premature wear. It's no different than the gy6 ruck guys cracking their cases by not running the trans covers. That part of the engine isn't designed for That type of force. I take the shock mount and motor mount extremely serious. If either breaks, your in serious trouble. Just keep an eye on the bushing and check the alum for stress cracks every once in awhile.

can understand you concerns,but lots of the stuff we/you/he/me do on the scoots probably isn't approved for Honda's ing,and anyway we keeping doin it. :smile:

pd:sorry guys my first language isn't English,but i try my best :mrgreen: