Whitey's stroker

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Re: Whitey's stroker

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

i hope you get your stroker dialed in. Cant wait to read about it running great. im waiting on yours to actually building one myself. How long can you ride that monster until you have to let off and slow down or even pullover for it to cool down? How does the bike vibrate? How much did it all cost going the stroker route? Nice scoot though!
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

I can answer some for him, in my opinion since I've ridden it. Its a beast. Vibrations aren't bad at all. Its a mid-rpm revving smooth monster. His problem is keeping the front wheel on the ground. If he hammers the throttle; he'd flip right over. His temps are pretty good imo. They spike after a short WOT run, but he hasn't played with jets bigger than 138 in his 26mm dellorto.
Whitey has several fast 2 strokes. Im glad mine is a little quicker off the line cause were really gonna test his skills at tuning.....and hes smart enough to figure it out.
Stay tuned on this one folks. Its gonna be a battle in Muskegon!
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

hi dirty. Whitey is going to have to stretch the motor back. or add on some wheelie bars. :peace:
I think they would look cool if done right. :thumbwink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

Two spare hangers to stretch
01 Honda Elite S 120cc Taida H20
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
78 Honda Express/Hobbit Stage6/Athena LC 70
00 Gilera Runner PM Tuning 172
09 Aprillia SR50 Malossi Team MHR
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

Did some fiber glass work tonight
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

What are you doing here exactly?
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

The taller cylinder doesn't fit under the stock shroud so I cut the top off and fiberglassed what was sticking out. I masked off the cylinder, then layed a thick piece of towel over it and then taped wax paper over that. I made a divider with tape across the top so it will still be two pieces. It's super messy but I covered everything with wax paper and towels so I wouldn't drip on stuff. If you try this I recommend dropping the engine first.
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

It's not too wide at the head also? I figured it would be both ways too large. Fiberglass and carbon fibre are a pain to use and keep clean. I was concerned about the same thing.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Scratch-building a proper shroud to fit a big-bore. Even the option to put the stupid plug hole where it belongs! Much respect, Dawg. Let me know the details of what you learn?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Looks like a booger.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

Temps are hard to control! I can barely ride it at normal speeds. It runs great but hits 450 before I'm a mile away. If I get on it it's taking a while to cool down enough to even think about opening it up again. One day I can get a decent on/off cruise and the next I'm hangin at 400+ coasting down the road blipping the throttle to try and get under 380. I have 3 head gaskets with about 2.3mm squish and under 120 compression. 110 gas at 32:1. I tried adapting one of my inner rotor cdi's to the stock stator with fail. I yanked my key and relocated the flywheel retarded but at only 10degrees advanced it doesn't run for s***. I'm still working on my main jet but I had to use a dremel bit to drill out a spare 110 dellorto jet to somewhere around 180. no signs of rich main when WOT. I am super rich with my pilot and needle to try and help cool down yet have to pull the choke and be pig rich and put my way back to the garage. I have checked for any leaks and have a very small one around my oil plug where I epoxied it but it's so small that I don't think it could affect anything. I also found 3 leaks in my pipe, both edges where the mounting bracket is and one small one in the middle of where three welds come together. They are in the fattest section of the pipe far from the cylinder so I'm thinking they probably aren't enough to solve my problem. I guess you can't multiply the output of an engine without multiplying the cooling as well. I see a LC Elite in the future. Any thing I'm doing wrong before I waste more time?
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Have you tried a different carb yet? I don't it sounds crazy. Maybe colder spark plug, I have b9hs-10 ngk plugs I run. What're you running?
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

those big cylinders seem to always run hot. I would put some Honda bond sealer on the oil plug. just to check add a little bit to the leak on the pipe.

I have heard of the squish being too large and causing heating problems. it seems the gases stay burning and not going out. creating more heat on the head. where did I read that? I believe bells 2 stroke book.

I was afraid of having the same problem. that's why I went with the smaller 50mm. I'm still working on it. been very busy. I am going to get it on the road for the summer. very soon.

1man8scoots, has a great idea trying a different carb.

if you were pretty handy with a TIG welder you can turn that bore into a water-cooled 1.
by drilling holes opposite ends in the fins, boxing in all four sides, adding an inlet one side outlet on other. it's a lot of work. it may be cheaper just buying the cylinder?

someone in the forum has gone through the same thing. someone here knows how to keep it cooler. hopefully they can help.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

What is your compression at
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
nalo808
Noob
Noob

Post by nalo808 »

I'm pretty sure the heating problem could be your carb you should run a pwk 33mm carb I've just finished a 121cc which ran 450 with a 28mm carb after changing to a 33mm carb with 38/145 jets it doesn't go pass 375 and I would up the comp to 150 with a pipe like that