New member, new project :)

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

glynparry25
Noob
Noob

New member, new project :)

Post by glynparry25 »

Good morning ladies and gents,

After a few months searching we (missus' bike, but I'm the mug who does all the work) have now taken possession of a beautiful Honda Express SR. I am still unaware of it's history but finding information very scarce about them either on-line or any local/ national shops.

We recently lived in Cyprus where I was gifted a Suzuki Landie that had been abandoned in the back of a farm shed for about 15 years so I quickly fixed it up and used it for anything and everything for about 12 months before we left and returned to Blighty. Since then we have been interested in getting another bike to do a proper restoration/ modification project.

The Express SR was bought from a chap who used it for the last 15 years as a pit bike for his Aston Martin race team, and since stopping that due to age he has decided to let 'BOB' go....... and we got it :)

Well, here is the Landie (we miss her):

here is the new toy:

The plan is to start with getting it running well, and then upgrade the appearance (we are thinking John Deere theme) followed by a engine upgrade.

I am sure I will be pestering you lot all the time for advice on parts/ upgrades :)

Regards,
Glyn
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Re: New member, new project :)

Post by 1man8scoots »

The express sr can use honda hobbit / pa50 II /camino 50 engine upgrades for the barrel, intake, and exhaust. Exhaust will require fabrication if you want to keep the stand with most after market pipes.
They're neat bikes! I think your Suzie Landie is a little more rare for most. Did you have the 50 or 100? I always wanted a landie 100.
glynparry25
Noob
Noob

Post by glynparry25 »

Thanks for the tips. It is amazing how geographic region varies which mopeds are used. In Cyprus every other moped is a Landie, where I had never seen an Express SR before, where it seems most searches lead me to US sites where there seems to be quite a few of them. Cyprus has a very strong moped modification culture which is what got us interested.

My Landie was just a 50, even though one of the local guys had a Landie 100 through a manual transmission that was dangerously quick....... But at just over 100USD to buy all the parts needed to get her running well, I couldn't complain.

We used to have a annual 12hr 50cc endurance race out in Cyprus on an old go-kart track which never failed to capture the imagination of the locals.

https://youtu.be/xeDSiyMPhlQ

Glyn
cruzingratiot
Elite
Elite
Location: Detroit michigan , 2000 Purple elite s ,2001 Black elite s ,

Post by cruzingratiot »

welcome and have fun with your build
here is a nice express sr build

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20836
Donate Life