Picked Up A 2001 Elite Today!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

johnny248
Elite
Elite

Re: Picked Up A 2001 Elite Today!

Post by johnny248 »

Ben L. wrote:Well rain is in the forecast today so I forgot about the rollers and installed the JDM taillight that came from SSS yesterday! I plan to grind down the light tabs on the rack and re powdercoat it.

Before

After
So that is what my scooter looks like when its no in pieces lol

But seriously, I've been debating on the jdm tail lights. Nice to see what it looks like on a red one like mine. I may have to splurge
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Japan tail lights are the best to make the back end look more slick! Solid!!
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Xxbeejay45xx wrote:Japan tail lights are the best to make the back end look more slick! Solid!!
I like then. I currently have a half-finsihed taillight I made with an led brake lamp with switch back turn signals. I really like the way the lights work, and hopefully iill be able to finish it how I want it at some point.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

First week of the year riding for me! Its still a bit cold but yesterday was nice. Went riding with a group of guys and had a blast. On a long stretch of road everybody was tucked down blasting and I got on the throttle and passed like they were standing still. Someone had a brand new Grom and I even out ran that. haha. This scooter is a blast but I have to admit I'm getting the itch for a bigger kit.

Eliterider
BMX
BMX

Post by Eliterider »

Lmk if u ever decide to sell ur panels...btw thats a clean * bike specially with that jap tails
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

Thanks! Yeah the panels are mint. Its unbelievable for a 15 year old unit. Previous owner bought it new and was meticulous about it.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

I saw a pic of the pg, but on the first ride pics is a dif pipe? And dif rims?
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

Yeah, I sold the PG last year and upgraded to a Simonini. The pipe is amazing. When I parted out my spree I put the blue wheels on the elite. The Stock white wheels are getting new powdercoat this week then will go back on.

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails ... pipe-black
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Ben,
I am envious that you have a group of scooter friends... your photos of your ride with your friends as well as motormike's earlier posts about the True Grits 50 cc annual motorcycle meet, makes me wish I had friends to ride with and that we had an annual 50 cc scooter ride in Florida. I'll go over and start a topic in the General Clubs Section and see if I can find anyone near me.. thanks for getting me "off the dime"..
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

Its been awhile since I've been on here. I've been commuting on the Elite all summer but its hard to put any miles on when you live 1 mile from work.

I now have about 1200 miles on the Malossi cast kit and it hasn't skipped a beat. I'm itching to get a Polini Corsa but feel ashamed to pull this one. I'm gonna do some playing around and see how far I can push it. This week I ordered an Arrow exhaust from SSS and a Stage 6 intake. Looking around for a lightly used carb to save a few bucks. I really have had good luck with Dellorto and have basically every 5mm jet size so think I'll be getting a 19-21 mm PHBG.

I'm gonna see how the cylinder reacts to those adjustments, especially the carb. Its gotta be pretty restricted with the stock carb. Maybe I'll even play with the porting a bit... we shall see.

Pics to follow early next week.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

the corsa is a beast! you wont regret it when you switch. what is your trans/variator set up?
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:the corsa is a beast! you wont regret it when you switch. what is your trans/variator set up?

Here is my current setup

Polini variator with 6.9g weights
Stock clutch with yellow clutch springs
Stock Contra (thought I had a blue one in there)

Clutch grabs just under 3k and pulls really nice, the only thing is that the bike only revvs to 4100 rpm according to my polini gauge. I think the weights might be too heavy??? I'm gonna swap them out today for some lighter ones and see what it does.
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

I'm gonna back up a bit here to catch up. This spring I ordered one of those Polini gauges from SSS. It was actually his first on he posted on fb before getting them on the site. Install was super easy besides taking the front plastics off the bike. I'm really liking the features, especially the lighted backdrop and time.

Last week I gave in and ordered an Authentic Arrow from SSS. My work hours are switching so I don't have to worry about a loud bike. :ndance: I got it installed yesterday and thats my motivation to get the bike revving more. Gotta hit that powerband and see what its got!
Attachments
edited 2.jpg
edited 2.jpg (248.35 KiB) Viewed 9592 times
edited 1.jpg
edited 1.jpg (252.77 KiB) Viewed 9592 times
14445546_10210088039014069_1561421957_n.jpg
14445546_10210088039014069_1561421957_n.jpg (50.96 KiB) Viewed 9592 times
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Take that silencer apart and red loctite the threads. I have had two rattle apart and ruin them.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Your Rpms will go way up with the arrow for sure. I would change your rollers till the new pipe comes in especially if it's running well. With lighter weights your Rpms would drop in my experience. You just need an exhaust to open up things. Will probably need new clutch springs and contra to balance it out. And if your still running a stock clutch a higher performance clutch will help out also. And I've never run a non polini carb and unless it's one of the new fancy ones G9s sells I probably wont. Currently running a 24 polini with my malossi cast and running 102 MJ and it might still be rich. Will be curious to see what the arrow does for ya.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY