'92 Dio SR Build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: '92 Dio SR Build

Post by MrJumps »

Okay your clutch springs may be too strong or it could be that your not applying tourqe to the pads on the center stand? Check to see if the carb slide is going up all the way when you pin the throttle. Also see if the pads have any meat left if they do rough em up with 3-4 swipes of a low grit sand paper.

Also de ja vue on the pictures I just opened my taz kit last night and it looms the same. That feeling is amazing to get parts in though. I miss when I orginally build the spree up. Also tell me if that motor scares the s*** out of you because mine is on a smaller frame and weighs like half your bike. @_@.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

How does that feel, or have you not gotten the chance to play with it, could you maybe post a link to the pipe and post a video of it? Im thinking of trying to stick with a stock looking pipe over an aftermarket becausr my insurance comapny now wants to inspect my bike to insure it for only $15 a month.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Sounds like the rollers are to heavy. You can just use three rollers to test.

Taz
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Hksdio wrote:ok so i'm on the home stretch now (i hope)

took the advice and used loctite on the reed screws.

after sanding the CT base on the bench i then took some meat off to give a little less rubbing against the bore.

taz let me know that i need to block off the IM nipple, so instead of using a rubber block off cap i cut a screw to size and used loctite again. (Note: if you do this be sure to make sure the thread doesn't protrude inside as this may affect flow)

sanded the clutch shoes and inside the bell, the shoes had quite a lip on them but new clutch and trans tuning will take place once the engine is run in.

since the japanese taillight is wired up it was time to make a new plate mount in order for the terrible mudguard to be cut down.

not much left to do now, waiting on a few bits and need to have the gear pressed on.

Oh s***, I forgot to loctite my reed screws, fck.me. oh well I sanded the living f*** out of the ct and used a gallon on each layer of the ct and tightened that thing down, the carb seems to not wanna pop into the rubber boot, I will try to reseat it again after scool tommarow. I also didnt clean the bottom of the ct up either, as where you grounded it for clearance. Aso for the shrouds I cut them up on the side till they fit. I fixed my circlips the way they said tok and tightened the head bolts down hand tight till it felt good. Compression feels good, I feel good about our builds. Cant wait to get my pipe and temp sensor in, but first i need to re wire the whole d*** thing.

Cheers - Jumps
Hksdio
Spree
Spree

Post by Hksdio »

hey jumps,

im having the same problem with the carb popping out of the silicone.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Hmm, wonder if uts a bad batch of rubbers lol. Try mating the card first or turn it around, I have to goto school today and wont get home till 10pm so I cant try it, but it seamed to slide on easier to the ct.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

The clamps are fine its just such a tight fit it wont *pop* into place.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

I've never seen one of these boots let alone hold one in my hand, is it rubber or hard plastic?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Its a hard rubber, I ended up getting the carb end on first then the manifold end on. Worked it on at an angle and it fits tight up aginst the carb body.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Hksdio wrote:tailights are finished now

the rear one is the dummy tailight which sat under this unit:

the wipe new product did a great job at restoring the faded plastics.

cleaned up the flywheel and mounted it. note, i only saw this just before i mounted it but there is a groove in the flywheel to accommodate the keyway.
im sure everyone else knows this but if you don't, just be extra careful.

mounted the rear wheel to check shock clearance, well it's not great.

only 2 card thickness

i am hoping a 40mm mount spacer should sort it out, how much space are you other guys working with?

so here is where i require a bit of help, i have labeled the parts of the carby and would appreciate someone to confirm.

The carb rubber black thing shoud be flush with the carb, if it isnt it may have an airleak and causing the hanging throttle.

Take the boot off and look at the inside and you will see. It wasnt to hard to get in that grove I just used the floor and put in at an angle. Its really tough, and feels like it is going to break but it goes on eventually.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Sorry for the late reply on this thread. If you have a hard time seating the carb into the boot you can use either a heat gun or a torch to soften the rubber. Then it will slip right in. The rubber is soft. Another trick is to seat the carb first into the rubber and then install it onto the ct intake mani. Don't over tighten the clamps. Its good to see you got it to seat in the rubber correctly. Don't be afraid to use a little force. The build is looking good.

Also if your going to use a screw to plug the nipple on the ct intake I would use a rubber washer to help keep the screw in place under vibration and to help avoid any air leaks.

Taz
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Should be flush like that, if not it can pop back out and smack the ground, and if your doing 35 it wont be pretty. Luckily for me I saw it happen on the garage floor and bit the box my dremal goes in so it was okay but just as an fyi snap the bcarb fat then onto the ct. It took me 10 minutes to figure out tha it has an inner gapped tooth the carb and mani fits into.

This may be why you where idling up, it might hav an air leak at the boot. If it is still didling up weird after you seat it back, it may be the ct surface. It took me a while to flatten it on an glass surgface.
japan.access
Noob
Noob

Post by japan.access »

wanna sell it?

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

japan.access wrote:wanna sell it?

Op is no longer active cease operations lock thread plz mod.