My bike coming to fruition part 2 after laying her down...

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

itsover9000
Noob
Noob

Re: My bike coming to fruition part 2 after laying her down...

Post by itsover9000 »

Wheelman-111 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:57 am Greetings:

Looks better with the black front wheel. What Kickstart cover and pipe are those, they both look different?
Definitely need to get the oxidation off the pivot arm plastic still. It's just a stock pipe and cover for a Daelim Cordi se-50.
itsover9000
Noob
Noob

Post by itsover9000 »

motormike wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:46 am You must be really bored...updating this thread after 4 years ...lol
Welcome back...motor
Just been riding! Looking to do more to her.
itsover9000
Noob
Noob

Re: My bike coming to fruition part 2 after laying her down.

Post by itsover9000 »

bonesv wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:01 pm Hey! Thanks for posting back! I like the black best of all the oem elite colors and nice work on the marbling attempt! So it was originally an LX w/af05 motor? Better with the af16 clone power now I bet. I have a few of these se50 Cordi motors and was not going to use them as they are worn out somewhat but I have looked into your claim of the "long-throw" cylinder. What I found was news to me. I knew they were a clone of the af16 but didn't know any differences until today. I found the gears come out to aprox. 10.75 to 1 by counting the rotations of the clutch shaft to the wheel axle. I also installed an oem honda stock cylinder on the cordi block/crank and the honda piston sticks out above the honda deck about 3-4mm's at tdc. But at bdc it's only about half way down the exhaust port. I guess Dealim made the connecting rods a bit longer but didn't increase the stroke, which the cylinder had to have been made to match up to that, i suppose, keeping it 49cc's. So it's not a stroker but a higher geared motor. I don't think the longer rod adds to the torque or power because the stroke on the crankshaft appears to be same as the honda af16. Looking into possible differences, the variator boss was a mm longer than the honda and I could not see a difference in the belt width as it was worn pretty well. I also wanted to see if there was anyone else that had particulars on these motors. I think I have 2 or 3 on hand somewhere. They do seem to be of good quality but I did notice some slight casting differences in the internals of the case. A couple of pics....IMG_4077 copy.jpgIMG_4078 copy.jpgIMG_4080 copy.jpgIMG_4078 copy.jpgIMG_4080 copy.jpg
Yep, way better power than it did with the old af05. 10.75:1 definitely explains the higher top speed, but it's weird that the bike accelerates so well uphill with me, and I'm 267lbs. Either way, I'm definitely not complaining. If you've got good bearings and good compression, this little engine is definitely worth it.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

I hope you have a larger than stock main jet in the carb with that air filter you have. If it’s way lean, that would explain why it has so much power.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
itsover9000
Noob
Noob

Post by itsover9000 »

bonesv wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 pm I hope you have a larger than stock main jet in the carb with that air filter you have. If it’s way lean, that would explain why it has so much power.
I do, I'm running a Jog carb so I could adjust, swap, and clean the idle jet. It also has a derestricted pipe. I've driven it almost 2000 miles, and did plug chops. I wouldn't doubt it's the clutch springs, the jetting, taller tires, and the different gear ratio. The original Daelim wheel on the motor was smaller.
itsover9000
Noob
Noob

Post by itsover9000 »

I'll have to put in more pictures of the new Jog airbox I swapped in once I get the back end plastics back on and polished up(Whole bike is due after miles and miles of riding). Meanwhile, my wife bought a Cricut, and wanted to have fun. Before on the left, after on the right. I think she knocked it out of the park. Matte black vinyl backer with gloss white and gloss orange overlay.
Before and after logo.jpg
Before and after logo.jpg (195.86 KiB) Viewed 2505 times