no key

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

reitmeyer
Noob
Noob

no key

Post by reitmeyer »

I bought a 84 spree without a key. Found a cool youtube video on how to make a motorcycle key. I ripped into the spree and removed lock mechanism only to learn it is not like the video and I can't figure out how to remove the tumbler. Anyone know how to remove this? It appears pressed together. Have you had luck getting keys made off of the key code? If so, what site.
SamDavy
BMX
BMX

Re: no key

Post by SamDavy »

honda dealers will make keys, there are also a few ads on ebay that say they can but i've never had it done. as for the time being, connect the sold black wire to the solid red and it will act as if the key is on, make sure the black with white stripe doesnt go to green or the steel frame of the bike or there will be no spark.
I own a Honda Eve and a Honda Nifty Fifty.
The Eve has a wiring harness, coils, throttle control and a starter motor from a nifty, since relying on kickstart isn't fun.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Any locksmith should be able to make key off the code
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
bradmeehan
Elite
Elite

Post by bradmeehan »

Agreed. The locksmith will make a proper key for about $5. I've also used the eBay services with great success (then found out the business was local).
1986 Spree
1986 Spree (Big Bore)
1985 Aero 50
1985 Aero 80
1988 Elite 50 (SB50)

1985 "OrangeJuice" (Sold)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CYYlkRRqa8