87 Elite 50S update

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

87 Elite 50S update

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

So its been a minute.

Got some cheap Ebay Mirrors.

Replaced the rear tire with Michelin 90/90 S1. Havnt had any issues with going tubeless so far

Side Shot.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 87 Elite 50S update

Post by Meatball »

Lookin sweet! I know where to get a sexy JDM taillight for the 87ÔÇÖ. I plan on getting one for mine once the 96ÔÇÖ build is done. Im actually considering a full JDM body kit since they look so good. ;)
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Meatball wrote:Lookin sweet! I know where to get a sexy JDM taillight for the 87ÔÇÖ. I plan on getting one for mine once the 96ÔÇÖ build is done. Im actually considering a full JDM body kit since they look so good. ;)
Do you mean the 94+ that I couldnt get to fit lol or something like this

http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33076
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Nah, that one is for 94-01...the 87ÔÇÖ is a body style only made for one year. Im talking about the CORRECT JDM taillight and bodykit that fits the 87ÔÇÖ only.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Meatball wrote:Nah, that one is for 94-01...the 87ÔÇÖ is a body style only made for one year. Im talking about the CORRECT JDM taillight and bodykit that fits the 87ÔÇÖ only.
PM if you can.

Meatball or anyone for that matter could you please post some info/post on the Af16 in to 87 Elite S.

Ive tried searching but can find anthing besides AF05 into spree etc...

Basically trying to see if the swap is possible without major Cutting/welding

As far as the Elite S, Im 215-220 lbs I hit 40 mph with ease and 45 downhill.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

The stock af16 will only give you 40 on flats and 45 downhill just as the AF05 does. In stock form their performance is quite similar. The advantage of the af16 is if you plan to modify.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Meatball wrote:The stock af16 will only give you 40 on flats and 45 downhill just as the AF05 does. In stock form their performance is quite similar. The advantage of the af16 is if you plan to modify.
So my plan was to use the af05 in the 87 spree and have a kick * daily scoot for short commutes etc..and put the af16 in the elite and go crazy (modifying) or as far as my wallet allows. Or should I just leave the elite alone and put the af16 in the spree. I was told the af05 fits under the Spree plastics nice and OEM like.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Couple things to consider...planning to ÔÇ£go crazyÔÇØ when you think of the finished product. Would you like to go 60-70mph on a tiny Spree or a larger Elite? Ive done both and must say that either one is sketchy at those speeds. The Spree being MUCH more spooky and has the feel of bombing your little sisters bicycle down a big hill with your legs out. I cruise 60 everywhere on my af16ÔÇÖd Se50 and its not bad.

The Af05 swap into a Spree is fairly straight forward with the only required welding is a relocation tab for the shock mount. The motor mount (sourced from the Se50) just needs to be cut (check wiki) with a chopsaw or even a hacksaw in a pinch. Ive used a 4ÔÇØ handheld grinder with a cutting wheel before but that can be inaccurate and dangerous in inexperienced hands...the biggest fitment issue youÔÇÖll have is the massive Se50 airbox. It simply will not fit with Spree plastics. A smal UNI pod filter will tuck in there great but then youÔÇÖll have a can-o-worms open with tuning the stock carb to run properly with it. It CAN be done but took me weeks of trial/error with trying different restricting methods to the UNI and many main jet swaps. Also, say goodbye to the plastic rear mudflap since the tire rubs it and it must be cut/removed.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Thanks meatwad for the info