Honda Flush Panel Questions

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

DavidB
Goped
Goped

Honda Flush Panel Questions

Post by DavidB »

Yellow Flush 1983.jpg
Yellow Flush 1983.jpg (298.63 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
Yellow Flush 1983.jpg
Yellow Flush 1983.jpg (298.63 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
I don't know of any other current Honda Flush owners, in fact in the world, but they were made in 1983 while the Sprees and Elites were sold in the US. It is an AB19 series.

My question of the moment is regarding the side panels that you'll see in the attached photo of the yellow Flush: Were they made of metal, plastic, or fiberglass? Note the yellow panels below the seat cushion and the yellow panel ahead of the steering handle and surrounding the lamp. I know the handle bar panel with "Honda" written across it is of a white plastic painted red because that is all that is with this bare-bones Flush.

I'm considering making new panels out of a hot water tank cover that is steel, 0.022" thick. Lightly tap curves into it. It is marginal if any welding can be done, but I'll try. See what I have, the yellow Flush, and the raw material. I would like to know what your panels are made from. Also, is the panel beneath the seat made of two halves or one piece?

I'm having difficulty managing attachments, perhaps too large.
Attachments
HWT for Flush Lower Panel.jpg
HWT for Flush Lower Panel.jpg (357.93 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
Asbuilt 2 7-4-17.jpg
Asbuilt 2 7-4-17.jpg (89.46 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
andyman
Noob
Noob

Re: Honda Flush Panel Questions

Post by andyman »

All the panels on my aero are plastic, but if you painted metal with the same paint i figure it’d look fine
DavidB
Goped
Goped

Post by DavidB »

I was mistaken to place this in the discussion I did, should have placed it in the Builder's Workshop. If someone with authority could do that for me it would be appreciated.
DavidB
Goped
Goped

Post by DavidB »

Thanks to handyman for his aero answer, just what I was looking for.

Further investigation into the metal I was planning to use it is 0.019" thick, just a bit thicker than coffee can metal. Wish it were thicker. It may be a pattern for something stronger/thicker. This metal blows through with a wire feed welder at its lowest power/speed.

On the aero or others, is the panel beneath the seat taken off with the seat lifted and then is it built of one round piece of plastic to slide up and away, does it have a split below the front of the seat for removal as a capital C, or is it built of two halves?