2001 Elite SR Build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

ucoulddie
Noob
Noob

2001 Elite SR Build

Post by ucoulddie »

hey guys, thanks for having me :) ive been lurking on here for a while and i thought i'd finally make an account. i bought my elite in july 2019 with 700 miles on it with one of my friends. it was a twin set, and the previous owner bought them new from a dealer for him and his wife to use with their RV. they sat for around 16 years, so he had them serviced and threw them up on facebook marketplace for $700 each. sorry in advance for the picture dump if you're not a fan of it.

ImageImage

first thing i did was the basic stuff. take the skirts off and hide them on a shelf, metropolitan wheels, 90/90 heidenaus, 9:1 gears, green polini clutch springs, white polini contra, AF16 tact tail lamp. i also bought a S6 clutch bell because it looked cool.

ImageImageImage

then i rode it straight into the back of my truck trying to do a burnout in my garage. that was fun. it was impossible to find another red hood, so i found a NOS black one and shelved it. later on, i bought a taiwanese DJ50 headset, which also happened to be black, so i slapped them both on after waiting a couple weeks for it to arrive. it's dual bulb with led turn signals. also if you notice, my reflectors disappeared. i swapped to an AF16 tact glovebox while i had the front end dismantled as well.

ImageImageImageImageImage

it started coming together, and i was glad it didn't look like every other elite out there, but i still wanted more. i ditched the springs in the forks to slam it, and swapped out the rear shock with one from a honda squash (after removing the spring in that too). also mounted some ruckus wheels.

ImageImageImage

it still wasn't how i wanted it though, so i found a SSS stretch mount from when they made those, and pushed the rear out a couple inches i think. im not sure on that one.

ImageImageImage

i couldn't run the squash shock anymore, so i removed the spring from the OEM elite one and added some metal spacers to get it as low as i could with the stock airbox.

ImageImage

then i bought some burner side panels for paint, rather than painting the minty red ones. i saw a nice 2020 camaro in traffic in this color, so i said "i'll do that."

ImageImage

and here's how it came out. last pic is a comparison between stock length and the SSS kit's stretch.

ImageImageImageImage

i still wanted to go lower, so i got rid of the stock airbox, and used one from an AF27/AF28 dio. i just pulled the boot from the elite's and popped it in the dio's, since they have a bigger boot over in japan.

ImageImageImage

then i shaved down the seat

ImageImage

before and after

ImageImage

and then i mounted an AF27/AF28 wing

ImageImage

and this is where we're at. i tinted the headlight and turn signals with a smoked vinyl film to match the tinted tail light.

ImageImageImage

ive since ditched the mirror, i think it looks faster without it lol.

ImageImage

i'm 260 lbs, so it tops out at 46 mph. next up is getting to at least 65. i have a corsa in my closet, and a scorpion pipe coming in the mail. i'll be sending the motor off to be ported and built by darin at n4s so i can get the most out of it. the only thing i don't know, is what crank to run. i'm stuck between the malossi crank, the 43.2mm TWH mini, or the 45mm jiso mini.
bonesv

Re: 2001 Elite SR Build

Post by bonesv »

That is an excellent build! I like almost everything about it. If you get the crankshaft before sending it off to Hawaii, Darin will know how to port that cylinder for you. I don't think he could get the timing and squish set correctly unless he could measure the crankshaft. I love the color scheme and the Tai headset! Thanks for bringing it out for us brutha!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Darin knows what hes doing. Solid dude for sure. Nice scoot.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Solid build bro. Seen your bike lots on the FB page. Looks sick. How's she ride being super stiff? Imagine gotta weave around them potholes :P

I would recommend the Malossi for quality, but at 260# sounds like you may want some more torque. Between the TWH and Jiso, I'd go Jiso and like bonesv mentioned send along so Darin can sort you out proper. Good luck!
projects galore :nerd:
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

Looks great!
Durkadurka
Noob
Noob

Post by Durkadurka »

Hey bro do you still have the original headset?
Trog
Noob
Noob

Post by Trog »

Any pics of how you modded the brake hub to fit the ruck front wheel?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Trog wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:27 am Any pics of how you modded the brake hub to fit the ruck front wheel?
Hey, I saw your post and I am pretty sure he's using the stock SA50 hub just like if you have metro wheels also it uses the elite hub. Cheers!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
jimorb
Noob
Noob

Post by jimorb »

Nice build man, I like it. Everything looks good, the colors are great too.
CodiJames
Noob
Noob

Post by CodiJames »

bonesv wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:27 pm That is an excellent build! I like almost everything about it. If you get the crankshaft before sending it off to Hawaii, Darin will know how to port that cylinder for you. I don't think he could get the timing and how to get rid of moobs squish set correctly unless he could measure the crankshaft. I love the color scheme and the Tai headset! Thanks for bringing it out for us brutha!
Yeah excellent and excellent. Each and every thing is fitted very perfectly and the pictures shows everything clearly.