Honda Lead NH50

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Alen
Goped
Goped

Re: Honda Lead NH50

Post by Alen »

And may I have another question. This time its about contra spring.

In Inpart kit there was a red contra spring but its inner diameter is too small for "boss". Its possible that its gy6 spring.

Should I use Dio spring with ZX pulley? And should I put "boss" on the contra spring with ZX pulley? I believe that it limits travel of pulley but just about 1mm. Maybe just cut it down a little bit.

Here is a pic of "boss" and the contra
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

No, you need that "boss" in place. Most of those are tight fitting. Try twisting it as you push it inward - use the palm of your hand and push it to get it to slide into place. If it's still too tight, then switch to a dio contra I guess. A little extra heavier spring isn't a bad thing IMO. Be careful when you reinstall the large nut holding the clutch assembly together-it's very easy to cross-thread.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Thank you! :)) Ill try that and if I cant fit it I ll order yellow malossi one
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Alen wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:11 am Thank you! :)) Ill try that and if I cant fit it I ll order yellow malossi one
For the corsa, if you're using gears with 9:1's or 8.44:1's you need (never was sure about Malossi springs ratings) 1500 NCY or any Taiwan 1500 "yellow" spring. Use some 3K or 4K stall rated shoe (3pcs) springs to work in combination but the rollers would like to see 30gm-36gm load in the vari. but depends on the pipe you run. It is a trial and error getting the whole drive setup to your liking so get various sizes of all these items (roller weights, clutch springs, belts, gears, carburetor jets, etc.) until you know what works best. I don't know all of your variables like rider weight. Wheel size. Carburetor and intake setup. Gearing and clutch choices. Type of roads or application if it's for track/off-road use. So everything matters. Have fun tuning!
:peace:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Thank you again for help! Im looking forward for tuning carb and cvt. I did not have before anything with cvt and I had few 2 strokes but I have never done tuning.

The original AF01 was pretty slow. It could go 45-50km/h but from the line it was really slow... Id be faster on a bike. And hills were a big problem too.

I hope that now with new engine it ll go 50 km/h up the hill :smile:
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

I would get a complete gy6 racing pulley with vented clutch bell off fleabay. It’s the zx diameter pulley with different groove choices a red contra spring new clutch with red clutch springs and a vented clutch bell. Easiest and best and cheapest option in my opinion. When you get it. Take it apart and use the straight angled groove. The stock pulley with its stepped groove is garbage and will “shift” you right out of your powerband. The straight groove in the gy6 racing pulley gives you a straight linear acceleration that keeps tpms where you want them. Inthe powerband.
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Thanks! Ill buy that for Dio. I found another Dio here but now with papers. Ill try gy6 pulley there :)
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Here is an update.

Polini contessa is here:

But boost port on it is way bigger than on the engine. I didnt want to split cases. I hope that it wont be a problem in a future

Its back together:
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Another update is with cvt. Ihave bought malossi zx pulley belt but boss on vari is too long. Now it has 38mm and it is too much. Vari cant grab the belt

Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

And last thing is carb related. I have ordered w7 needle for PHBG but It seems that polini recommend w16 needle for this kit. In manual for bbk is also some jetting for phbg.

Ill try it with jetting from polini manual and than ill watch cht
Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

New Dio for parts has small spline crank. I guess that this motor is pretty much useless :D

bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Alen wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:39 am New Dio for parts has small spline crank. I guess that this motor is pretty much useless :D
You can run large journal crank if you buy special seal for that side only. It is sometimes available at VT cycles in Hawaii. Ask the seller a question about them. He can get them. They also pop-up on scooter parts sellers sites. You gotta look for "em!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

Wow, that sound really easy to do. Thank you! Im glad to hear that :) Ill keep this one as spare engine.

This weekend i have found another dio. This time with papers and big splines so i ll save this one. I have also found two sxr50 handlebars so I ll make dio xr baja. But fisrt i should finish the lead.

bonesv

Post by bonesv »

This guy has them in stock in usa so you gotta ask if he will ship to your country......
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204088398628?h ... SwjfxlRuxB
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Alen
Goped
Goped

Post by Alen »

fotky zdarma

And when I was doing laser cuts I have done funky exhasut mount hehe
Last edited by Alen on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.