How To Build A Fast Elite! Build and Tune info (56k beware)

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Bigisland dio
Noob
Noob

Re: How To Build A Fast Elite! Build and Tune info (56k bewa

Post by Bigisland dio »

What did u do too clear the piston from touching the head??? Did u add more base gaskets
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Bigisland dio wrote:What did u do too clear the piston from touching the head??? Did u add more base gaskets
Yes - within 'toasts postings you copied was the answer - summarized below.

---
And here's the gaskets I cut out to compensate for the extra stroke, used paper/rubber type material that is supposed to withstand gas and oil. Thickness was 0.8mm per gasket,
stock crank= 41.2mm
ministroker=44.1mm
So I used 4 gaskets total= 3.2mm to compensate

TinyElvis
Spree
Spree

Post by TinyElvis »

Subscribed! Wonderful write up!!!
Honda DIO 3 ZX Live, Malossi, WindJammah!
808EERPS48
Goped
Goped

Post by 808EERPS48 »

should run a 28 oko with that set up way better pull and top end... also technically it isnt a true 72cc, 72 bore and ministroke crank i think comes out 76cc, and about gears... i got 7 flat and i hit 75... the gearing can work for you or against you it all depends on the setup... lower the gear stack lower bottom end unless your light or you have a rev setup... usually scorpion, arrow, sparrow, chamber pipes in general...higher the gear stack better the bottom end but takes away top end.... with exception there is someone i know that had a 8:1 setup and they were hitting 80s so anything is possible its all in the tuning...speed safe
84 Spree dio ready
Youtube me: Go RYAN Pro
True 72cc
70+/F/72
Reppin it for the 2+ class
Eastsydah Rydah Productions
#Handodat
stevespree7
Goped
Goped

Post by stevespree7 »

man this looks so fun. I am going to start my elite build soon here. excited!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

808EERPS48 wrote:should run a 28 oko with that set up way better pull and top end... also technically it isnt a true 72cc, 72 bore and ministroke crank i think comes out 76cc, and about gears... i got 7 flat and i hit 75... the gearing can work for you or against you it all depends on the setup... lower the gear stack lower bottom end unless your light or you have a rev setup... usually scorpion, arrow, sparrow, chamber pipes in general...higher the gear stack better the bottom end but takes away top end.... with exception there is someone i know that had a 8:1 setup and they were hitting 80s so anything is possible its all in the tuning...speed safe
yes, this setup was in fact always 76cc with the ministroke.. i was a newb back then and for whatever reason didn't factor it in correctly.

also, using as many base gaskets as I did apparently throws timing off. better to reshape head/add head gaskets, so I've been told. didn't stick with the ministroke after it cracked at vari spline. went stock stroke and never looked back. this scoot was sold some time in 2011 btw... and for all the faults I've mentioned this setup was totally hamma time when dialed in.

feel embarassed as there is so much better builds with good info out there but this thread still stays on top :oops:
so take all this info for what it's worth, but best do your own research before copying.

This build thread here, is MUCH better quality: :imo:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27850

cheers
projects galore :nerd: