How To Build A Fast Elite! Build and Tune info (56k beware)

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Pete our setups are completely different, hard to compare. My low end is not "a problem" to me, I was just noting it here for reference.

I also have my carb detuned so it only opens up about 75% at wot, as well as the rich jetting. I am doing this on purpose, the setup I have is good for close to 80mph once tuned but I am staying conservative in the meantime, trust me the speeds I'm seeing are plenty fine by me.
projects galore :nerd:
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

no, the carb he has is perfect. literally, perfect, he has en exhaust to compensate, and the second best one for the corsa. arrow being the first. and 7:1 gears are fine, i run 5:1 in my corsa bores, *, you can run 9:1 in a STOCK elite and have enough power to catwalk without a problem.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

MySpree wrote:no, the carb he has is perfect. literally, perfect, he has en exhaust to compensate, and the second best one for the corsa. arrow being the first. and 7:1 gears are fine, i run 5:1 in my corsa bores, *, you can run 9:1 in a STOCK elite and have enough power to catwalk without a problem.
Thx, I didn't want the curly chamber look and I like the PG's deepness and shape. Upgears in close to stock elite thats one thing I wish I tried, bet it would do it pretty easy.
itzmepete
Goped
Goped

Post by itzmepete »

Ah I C, well I just threw something ur way, wasn't sure, I don't race these things but I gotta say so far mine's running great. As for 80 MPH?! U gotta be crazy. I did like 60 today and was like screw this on this small bike! I think I am close to my max speed, once I get a new muffler I know I will be there after some more adjustments. Yeah the Aroow is one ugly pipe, gotta pay me to slap that thing on. I am still debateing what to order, I know I will get something soon, * if I can't make up my mind, I will go with the stock looking R1 as was my first plan, but the PG looks nice. If it was black, I'd be sold. I just am not fond of slapping it on and waiting for the clear coat to come off. Gonna call VT and get them to send me a pic of the Stainless Steel ones they have. I need a new muffler soon.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

5.1 gear is too tall :lol:
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

veedubh20 wrote:5.1 gear is too tall :lol:
I would have to agree there
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

it works.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

New mod installed today, decided my scoot needed some security: Audiovox self contained alarm

Picked up from autozone for $40 and installed in an hour or so, fit it up inside front fender area, plenty of space. Pretty loud for its size

itzmepete
Goped
Goped

Post by itzmepete »

Well? How is it triggered? Does it have a motion sensor? Impact sensor? I wonder how much drain it has on the battery, although kick start is always there.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

itzmepete wrote:Well? How is it triggered? Does it have a motion sensor? Impact sensor? I wonder how much drain it has on the battery, although kick start is always there.
Well? Why not look it up.. reviews are there if you want more info. Yes it has motion sensor, and 8 settings for sensitivity, triggered by vibration or change in battery voltage/someone trying to start it.

Not worried about drain really, my Vento's came with alarms stock and they hold their voltage fine.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Alright, got some more pics and parts :D Westach aircraft type CHT gauge to replace my autometer rig, and some small detail mods: Carbon Fiber look license plate cover, and billet red valve stem caps, as well as bent cut and repainted main stand. Pics of alarm install too, enjoy :)

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Got a picture of your bike on that stand?
its hard to tell, but did you do what i think you did to that stand?

Also, Cool gauge. I want to get something like that. but being how i still don't have a job :( it might be a while.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Dac wrote:Got a picture of your bike on that stand?
its hard to tell, but did you do what i think you did to that stand?

Also, Cool gauge. I want to get something like that. but being how i still don't have a job :( it might be a while.
Well what do you think I did to it? lol

Originally I just bent the right hand side downward to clear the PG, but after test riding I realized it would hit the ground when going over big bumps. Hack saw to that end solved the problem, then I just decided to coat it flat black to get rid of some of the scratches and cut mark.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

oh...

Never mind...
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
burnt_toast