How To Build A Fast Elite! Build and Tune info (56k beware)

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

happyman
Spree
Spree

Post by happyman »

HAHA YA JUST NEVER KNOW

quote="burnt_toast"]
happyman wrote:glad its running great . hey becareful of the tiresw on there it appears in pic to be very very close remember when your going 70+ MPH the tires reallt grow in height and get skinny. just a little heads up is all. it could get real ugly if they start really hitting something at that speed
burnt_toast wrote:
Kenny_McCormic wrote:The flat black makes it less noticeable, more sleeper like.
Sleeper is my middle name :wink: :lol: I'm glad it turned out that way actually, stock looking unless you roll by me hah

Thanks for the comments guys

Castrol 2t is my oil.. basic and cheap. Will be looking for better local alternatives shortly
Yeah I know, something I thought about but hope for the best.. :)[/quote]
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

You should add "and how to blow it up" on the title. =P
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

nparks wrote:You should add "and how to blow it up" on the title. =P
haha SHHH! that never happened :shiftyeyes: :lol:
projects galore :nerd:
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

Dang man, sweet ride, awesome write up. Can't wait to pick up my first Elite this weekend. :)
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

jonsteffen wrote:Dang man, sweet ride, awesome write up. Can't wait to pick up my first Elite this weekend. :)
Thanks man, its possibly the most detailed Elite buildup thread I've seen, other info tends to be scattered elsewhere but I tried to show steps in detail. Maybe second to Akpedrver's on hawaiiforums :P

Have fun with your Elite, they are a great tunable scooter platform. :D
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Very sweet setup and a super nice clean Elite!

I have a quick question as i'm in the beging stages of fixing my old 88 Honda SA50 Elite LX.

I just need to know before i waste my time and money buying up parts either to restore or mod my bike if its possable to do the same to mine? I dont need super high end and 70+ MPH speeds.. I'd just like to beable to ride on the roads where i live now as the speed limits are 45-50 and i'm a large guy at 6'4" at 290-300lbs. Basicly the same weight i was back when i originally road the bike 18+ years ago when i was 16.

The motor has been gutted and the only thing i bought so far is new piston rings as thats what we broke 17 years ago when my father and i last worked on it.

I'm thinkin i need my own thread but thought i'd just ask you real quick as you seem pretty up to date on all this.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

eclypse wrote:Very sweet setup and a super nice clean Elite!

I have a quick question as i'm in the beging stages of fixing my old 88 Honda SA50 Elite LX.

I just need to know before i waste my time and money buying up parts either to restore or mod my bike if its possable to do the same to mine? I dont need super high end and 70+ MPH speeds.. I'd just like to beable to ride on the roads where i live now as the speed limits are 45-50 and i'm a large guy at 6'4" at 290-300lbs. Basicly the same weight i was back when i originally road the bike 18+ years ago when i was 16.

The motor has been gutted and the only thing i bought so far is new piston rings as thats what we broke 17 years ago when my father and i last worked on it.

I'm thinkin i need my own thread but thought i'd just ask you real quick as you seem pretty up to date on all this.
Parts for the pre-dio elites are getting rarer and rarer, check out seller daywot on ebay. He has 70cc kits for your bike, that and variator kits. Those two things should net you the goals you're looking for without upgrading to a dio style bike/motor. Stock you're bike should do about 40mph if running good.
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Thanks for the replay but that seller already told me he does not carry and never will carry those parts anymore.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

eclypse wrote:Thanks for the replay but that seller already told me he does not carry and never will carry those parts anymore.
sucks to hear, try vtcycles then or maybe keep tabs on hawaii forum seller section.. but I see you're looking at a dio engine, thats gonna be your best bet now :twisted:
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Hawaii forums? I hear about it but find no linkage.. Hook me up! lol
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=197

i give you this link because i trust you will stay with this site also.
That site is good for getting parts, but its more of a chit-chat place then an information place like this.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Thanks man! No worries, this place is gona be home for me.. besides, theres a ton of michigan guys here so hehe.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

New Michelin S1 3.50 tire installed up front, along with new front EBC brake pads. She lookin purty :)

Also latest jetting setting: 150main, 52pilot. So far the best combo. Used 152main for a while but a lil too smokey, and still holds 350F WOT with 150main. Just starts creeping past 350F after a WOT run as you let off throttle, will try richening needle (eventually) :P

Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

Dac wrote:http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=197

That site is good for getting parts, but its more of a chit-chat place then an information place like this.
No kidding. I had to stop reading after five minutes, the grammar & spelling is way more atrocious than you guys. It hurt my brain.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Eft37 wrote:
Dac wrote:http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=197

No kidding. I had to stop reading after five minutes, the grammar & spelling is way more atrocious than you guys. It hurt my brain.
You outlasted me, 4chan is easier to read, and that site is a bunch of 12yr olds trading *.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.