85 Honda Gyro, Oakland, CA $1200?

Got parts to sell? Need a part? Post it here! Honda scooters only.

Moderator: Moderator

wentwest
Spree
Spree

85 Honda Gyro, Oakland, CA $1200?

Post by wentwest » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:51 pm

If you know what a Gyro is, great. If you don't, try Google for lots more info. In short it's a 3 wheel, 50cc scooter sort of vehicle that Honda created in the 80's. It has an interesting pivot so the rear engine drive system stays flat on the road but the frame, seat and front wheel lean freely on turns. They made an 84 with a plastic covered body, then switched to the 85-86 that is lower, naked and very different. It's small, strange and road legal, with lights, blinkers, horn, etc.

This one is in almost complete shape. I have all the plastic except the piece that covers the front area where the horn is, below the bars, and also the piece that covers the battery at the rear of the seat. I do have the engine cover. It's not rusty but the paint, while OK, is not pristine. Let's call it patina. It is titled by California, to me, and has been on non-operational status for years. It cranks over freely, and starts right up. It runs quite well. These gyros are not fast, and not powerful, but they are fun. The tires are good. The electrical system works, horn works, signals work, lights work. The oil injection works.

If you have detailed questions, just ask. :geekdance:

Link to some other photos and videos https://photos.app.goo.gl/3jwEEuA2p71Qt9cB7