WTB: Upgraded Honda Spree Clutch

Got parts to sell? Need a part? Post it here! Honda scooters only.

Moderator: Moderator

acardali
Noob
Noob

WTB: Upgraded Honda Spree Clutch

Post by acardali » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 am

Looking for an upgraded Honda spree clutch. I noticed when I went to swap my springs out, that my pads were pretty low. Just looking for a better replacement than stock. I've seen adjustable clutches 107mm, but I'm not sure the size of the sprees stock clutch. Thanks!
'69 Subaru 360
'78, '80 Honda Express
'82 Urban Express
'82 Honda MB5
'84 Honda Aero
'84 Honda Gyro
'86 Honda Spree
'94 Yamaha Banshee

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: WTB: Upgraded Honda Spree Clutch

Post by Meatball » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:27 am

There is no aftermarket Spree clutch. You can get the shoes replaced with kevlar pads and swap to tighter springs but performance improvements are minimal. The Spree motor (even modified) does just fine with a properly functioning stock clutch as it is anyway. Larger clutches run into fitment issues and the Spree is fairly unique in that the belt/clutch assembly rotates in reverse to 99% of other models out there. However, some people have reported installing clutches from other scooters that spin reverse to Spree and have had somewhat sucessful results. Try to search for the thread and read posts about it. I remember the info being helpful as far as what other model clutches fit.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.

acardali
Noob
Noob

Post by acardali » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:38 am

Awesome, thanks! I'll take a look. Do you happen to have any leads on where I could find a stock clutch that has a bit more life than mine might have?
'69 Subaru 360
'78, '80 Honda Express
'82 Urban Express
'82 Honda MB5
'84 Honda Aero
'84 Honda Gyro
'86 Honda Spree
'94 Yamaha Banshee

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 pm

The fact that there is no replacement clutch made and the OEM supply dried up 20yrs ago makes any used Spree clutch you find quite pricey. This is why getting new pads installed to your worn unit makes sense. This service costs about $46 as opposed to buying a used unit with an unknown amount of pad left. When Spree clutches wear out....THIS is where to go. http://www.jwpartsplus.com/jw-clutch-worx.html
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.

acardali
Noob
Noob

Post by acardali » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:47 am

Brilliant! Thank you so much! I guess I didn't realize how cheap it was to have pads replaced. I'll have to look into getting that done over the winter. Thanks again!
'69 Subaru 360
'78, '80 Honda Express
'82 Urban Express
'82 Honda MB5
'84 Honda Aero
'84 Honda Gyro
'86 Honda Spree
'94 Yamaha Banshee