Cheap Rollers

Got parts to sell? Need a part? Post it here! Honda scooters only.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Cheap Rollers

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

These are a good weight for mild mods, bore kits, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Di ... 240%3A1318

No affiliation.
Wheelman-111
HondaCharlie
BMX
BMX

Post by HondaCharlie »

no name crap rollers. Those will have flat spots on them after 100 miles. Whats with all the stickies? Trying to get the most posts or what?
HondaCharlie
Wheelman-111

Rolling Cheaply

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Plastics differ in resilience, there is no doubt. The main factor in flat-spotting in my admittedly short experience seems to be the sharp right-angle corners at the edges of the ramp plate. Round that off with a flat file and it seems to help a lot.

No name?! Sez right thar NCY! That means Noo Yawk City. No better name than that. Crap? If you have first-hand experience with the brand, please do tell! The price is hard to beat.

Even if they wear quickly, as long as they weigh accurately they can serve an inexpensive tuning purpose. Once you know what weights you need, you can spend $20+ shipping for a set of Polinis or whatever. I'm not so sure those last any longer, but they are Italian.

Post count? Perhaps I make too many and ramble on a lot. But I've never disparaged anyone (except jokingly :) ), I always try to help, and try fully to disclose what I know versus what I believe.

If you've bought these NCY rollers and have specific info to share, please proceed. You're doing pretty good on the post count yourself...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
HondaCharlie
BMX
BMX

Post by HondaCharlie »

well if its a name brand its one I've never heard of. Wheres YOUR salsa made? New york city!!? :lol:
HondaCharlie
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

NCY is big in the ruckus scene....i trust em.
Wheelman-111

Wheelman's Salsa

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

HC axt:
Wheres YOUR salsa made? New york city!!?
Salsa gives me the vapours. Wheelman eats only pure virgin free-range tofu. Wash it down with Martel VS.

Thanks for the comment, Werx. Your adaptor is da Bomb that starts the SE05 revolution!
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
HondaCharlie
BMX
BMX

Post by HondaCharlie »

It was a joke, remember the salsa commercial on TV? You guys are sooo cool :roll:
HondaCharlie
Wheelman-111

Joking

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I got the Pace Picante joke, returned my own. Good one.

So, have you any roller experience to share?

My set of Taiwanese ones - no brand name unless you can read Chinese characters - seemed to do at least as well as any others short-term.
Wheelman-111
HondaCharlie
BMX
BMX

Post by HondaCharlie »

soooooooooooo cool :roll: :roll: :roll: :arrow:
HondaCharlie
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Re: Cheap Rollers

Post by Arnadanoob »

We have a brand of rollers called SOS which is cheap beyond belief and always seem to wear out faster than anything. For serious riders I've seen them flatspot in just 1 full day of riding. Like it was mentioned earlier, you can extend the life of your rollers by smoothing out any rough edges inside of the variator and the edges of the ramp plate. Don't go too crazy on filing things down, just go lightly by either sanding or filing things down lightly until the surface is deburred and smooth to the touch.

Those multipack rollers and Daytona brand rollers are some of the longest lasting roller weights you can buy.
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Arnadanoob wrote:We have a brand of rollers called SOS which is cheap beyond belief and always seem to wear out faster than anything. For serious riders I've seen them flatspot in just 1 full day of riding. Like it was mentioned earlier, you can extend the life of your rollers by smoothing out any rough edges inside of the variator and the edges of the ramp plate. Don't go too crazy on filing things down, just go lightly by either sanding or filing things down lightly until the surface is deburred and smooth to the touch.

Those multipack rollers and Daytona brand rollers are some of the longest lasting roller weights you can buy.
multi pack rollers ay? that is what I've noticed! usually multipack rollers are used for tuning only, but the dio ones I've been using look to be much better quality than jog styles which wore out like no other in no time

nice to know
projects galore :nerd:
needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

Post by needfasterthan31 »

I recently purchased a 36-pack roller set from vtcycles.com and i have to say just testing these things like as in less than a mile or two made them have flat spots and chew marks on them,i took my dremil drill to the very top of my stock ramp plate on a couple of the 6 sections to take off some of the sharpness i thought may have done this so basically i have a set of 36 pack rollers with most of them chewed up.i believe the brand was koso 36 roller pack. i would never buy them again, they seem to be plastic and i would only buy porcelain or another similar strong material.
01 Elite SR50
>Polini Contesta 72cc Kit (To be soon installed)
>R1 Pipe (To be soon installed)
>Keli Variator
>9:1 gears
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

The multipack I use aren't Koso but it's some Chinese/Taiwanese brand though. Daytona brand rollers are the best from what I've seen as nothing seem to outlast them and they're coated with some plastic/teflon. If your rollers got chewed up that much the quality of your variator and/or ramp plate must have been subpar. Granted I inspect each one I install and have occasionally had to deburr the casting marks and edges on the ramp plate and variator perimeter... if your parts were that screwed up in the first place no roller would have lasted unfortunately.
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

Post by needfasterthan31 »

Arnadanoob wrote:The multipack I use aren't Koso but it's some Chinese/Taiwanese brand though. Daytona brand rollers are the best from what I've seen as nothing seem to outlast them and they're coated with some plastic/teflon. If your rollers got chewed up that much the quality of your variator and/or ramp plate must have been subpar. Granted I inspect each one I install and have occasionally had to deburr the casting marks and edges on the ramp plate and variator perimeter... if your parts were that screwed up in the first place no roller would have lasted unfortunately.

Actually the brand of rollers i got was called OKO not KOSO but yes you are right come to think of it, no rollers should go bad that quick. since i shaved the sharp edges near the tops off my stock ramp plate i cannot remember if i looked again but maybe its my keli variator i picked up off daywot on ebay. so could it be my keli variator ? last time i checked the variator looked fine. i think i am going to look into dr.pulley weights and get a better ramp plate from my stock one.
01 Elite SR50
>Polini Contesta 72cc Kit (To be soon installed)
>R1 Pipe (To be soon installed)
>Keli Variator
>9:1 gears
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »