01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

back together went on 2 short rides today. temps seem to be ok and its running strong even at 1/4 throttle I can see a major difference. super stoked to get it broke in and open her up. Thanks G9 for all the help and advice.
Attachments
IMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3168.JPG (113.61 KiB) Viewed 7156 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

drove it home and back to work with no issues other than me wanting to open her up. kept her around 35 which is hard to do with this setup. highest temp I had last night on my way home was 311 on a hill.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Got through all heat cycles and the first tank so I thought I'd push her a little bit harder. Half throttle(feathered it up to speed) got 50.2 on flat road very easily max temp I got was 309. Running a 110 main right now was running a 112 but seemed to running hotter than G9 recommended.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (125.47 KiB) Viewed 7140 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Took the bike out tonight and the conditions were great for my motor. She was running great. I'm still not running WOT keeping her never really above half throttle but getting on it a bit here and there. And was cruising 40 and had lots of pep left in it when I need it. Needless to say it was a fun half a tank I burned tonight. Still have lots of tuning to do but tonight The Gooch was screaming through the streets tonight. Still have lots of tuning to do for sure. She's a bit choppy on the low end but it's getting better. Need to get my slow jet sorted strangly enough the once I bought for it are to small, I moved the clip up one notch on the throttle needle and seemed to help. Still a bit of hesitation when cold but runs better at temp. Running 110 main needle clip raised one notch up from center and 45 slow and cruising temps tonight were around 320 as high on my final run tonight which lasted about 25 mins. Should've GPSd but was just out to enjoy it tonight.
Was at a light next to a big diesel pickup and he must've tought I wanted to race and decided he needed to compete with my lil old scooter. We both jump off the line and get on it and keep up with him till 35 then I held back. (30 mph streets commercial and don't need to support the sheriffs office that way) but as we hit 45 mph road I blow buy him zip through traffic ahead and leave him. I love having the extra oomph of the go fast parts.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Was semi Dry out so I went for a ride to G9's garage tonight. Running a 110 main and still can't open it up fully running really rich but had some fun. 0-45 is great and can push it harder but didn't want to push the temps up. Hit 384 going up a huge hill at 40 at half throttle. This is my third tank of gas and still feeling the BBK out but so far I'm super stoked. Did lots of hills tonight and never broke stride.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (133.84 KiB) Viewed 7116 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

just a pic from today.
Attachments
IMG_3272 (2).JPG
IMG_3272 (2).JPG (139.82 KiB) Viewed 7107 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Impromptu ride tonight. Still out of tune but had some dry weather and the wife left me out of the house. Here she is back in the stable after a wet return.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (52 KiB) Viewed 7098 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Took her out for a run today at lunch. Put in a 102 main and found a nice flat run and punched it. Got it up to 53.8 and had to let do to traffic. Max temp 324. Think I'm gonna get that old contra out today. Still think I got some more on the top. Though it is running better might stick with the 102 to see how it reacts to the red contra and do some hills to check those temps this weekend if get away from the house.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (125.3 KiB) Viewed 7085 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah who knows what spring that is in there. Gonna throw in the red one you gave me and see what happens. I tightened all the allens on the clutch and will change that out today. Hopefully I can get some time this weekend to take it out for a run after I make sure everything is nice and tight again.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Staying in the powerband is what these 2strokes are all about. Do you have a tach? Big tuning tool. And graphite is right. You can do all the engine tuning in the world and the CVT will still hold you back, that's where the real top speed comes from!
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

no tach just changed the contra(thank god for my new tusk clutch tool) the old one was a burgundy color put in the red contra G9 gave me. will see tomorrow hopefully if anything changes. for sure prior to down jetting it was the richness holding me back. now that I am close we will see if the spring helps. got it up to 53 but never really had anymore run to see if can go past that. usually have to back out for traffic or corners. so will go to my top speed hill and see when I can. none the less this thing is awesome up to 45 at half throttle and cant wait to see what it can top out at.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Out and about so threw in 100 main to see. So far the most responsive and the highest temp I got was 361 on a long hill that usually spikes my temps by time I get to the top.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

The Gooch was howling tonight.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (133.04 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah the spring helps and it was just running like a rocket in the cold air last night. Hit 371 temps coming up over the cemetery hill out of johns landing at d*** near 45mph. Which for comparison pre BBK I was making that run about 30 by time I got to the top. I think I could've hit 60 last night but was so d*** windy that I didn't want to push it with all the leaves on the roads. But it was super fun to scream around town last night and finally feel that the jetting is working. Time for a new rear shock and brakes though.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Keep watching that temperature gauge if the weather turns colder still. It's counter-intuitive, but colder air contains more O2, especially if it's dry. The leaner mixture from the small jet will be exaggerated, making chamber temperatures rise quickly. The effect more than offsets the increased cooling effect of the colder fan-blown air. You might consider a 102 or 105 for "insurance" against cold weather.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH