01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Still centered that will be my next move.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Switching to different needles... Don't you have to readjust the jetting also?
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Well I'm tuning the bike to the needle if I can't make it work I'll change it out.

Went about 130 miles today. Bike killed it today. Ran great kept up with the vespas easily. Did it run flawless no, towards the end I hit certain bumps the bike would die momentarily something's loose. Will deal with that. Bike held its own still needs work but it ripped around today.
BRAAAAAP
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Glad to hear it run and able to keep up with them other scooters. Very interesting and detail info
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

This is the only pic I took. There were about 75 bikes out maybe more. Mostly vespas some rucks one other elite and a few ransoms.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (54.11 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

One line up of bikes
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.11 KiB) Viewed 4308 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

ok so what did I learn yesterday. that these little 2 strokes are bada$$. I was mostly running with 125 and 150 vespas yesterday and was able to keep up on the flats and actually pass alot of them on the hills. my trans never missed a beat yesterday and there was a wide variety of terrain to test it. My temps were low to mid 300s uphills depending on how long the pull was and cruising temps were mid to high 200s on flats. not once did I even worry temps until I was actually on my way home and had to go up my monster hill that normally pegs my temps and at that point it only got up to around 370 and I was pushing it hard. my next step is to move my needle clip down and richen it up a bit. I think she needs more fuel.
Trans- running the 5.5g rollers keep me where I needed to be I guess running mostly low 9k and HIgh 8k rpms and the thing just ripped was kinda suprised I didnt feel any stalling from it to be honest as I was doing lots of hills and turns. coming back from the last stop of the ride I left and headed back on my own. it was probably 10 miles uphill switch backs and the bike ripped up the hill with ease and the temps stayed well with in reason mostly running around 320 degrees. didnt get to push it to hard as I was trying to conserve fuel so I could make it to the gas station. had my handy scooterswapshop I gallon gas can sitting under my seat but used that up on the ride out.
all in all was super stoked about the ride and other than a few super clean lambrettas and a metruck which holds a softspot in my heart the GOOCH was the best looking bike there IMO. still needs some carb work but its getting close. I need to find what was causing my issue when hitting certain bumps that would cause it to lose power for a second, granted it was a true test for the bike as portland roads are fairly rough. 120+ miles is a long day and my * is feeling it. will need to come up with a better seat for the long rides which I already have a few ideas in the works.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Rolling deep
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (43.67 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

ok if you had to choose one of the needles below which would you run? I know all of the ones that came in this kit are to long. is that something that can be dealt with by moving the clip down to raise it up? what is the most important part of the needle. I am assuming section B. I just dont know enough about them to be sure. and before I go trying everyone Id like some opions. I am currently running the JJK and thinking the JJN might be better though section C is so much bigger and I dont know if I can make that up by moving the needle or not.

I currently have it moved down one notch on the needle and its still fluttery on the low. it is idling down better which is good its just that low end issue as the 3/4 to WOT still feels great. temps are good. running a 35 pilot and 104 main. and if anyone knows where I can buy the right needle let me know. gonna see if G9 can order one from polini. not sure why its so difficult to find this needle.
Attachments
jets.jpg
jets.jpg (88.55 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Love to see all those scoots. Surprising enough vespa aren't fast until you floor them, then it's hang on time. I'd take an elite over a vespa anyday.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I know the size just can't find them anywhere where it won't cost me 4 times in shipping than it's worth. Thanks G9 I'd appreciate it if you got an extra. 1man I agree I'd like a Vespa but as more of an occasional cruiser. If I didn't have a major yard Reno happening right now G9 I'd come grab it but I can't get away for a few more days.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I'd be in some real trouble if my scooter parts guy was in driving distance. I envy you only half way.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I'll try to make it soon. Busy this week new yard, turning 40 and lil dudes. I might come across the river on Wednesday. And 1man trust me it's a blessing and curse! Oh I need a new blank call G9 and I need a new Blank oh G9 has it...... Only 2 thing on my bike that I haven't bought from him. Don't think I woulda put this much into if he wasn't here or been able to do as much as I can on it if he wasn't here.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

got a new needle(thanks G9) got it in and still fluttery down low. gonna pull it and clean it to see if its partially clogged. seems like Im not getting enough fuel down low. runs fine 3/4 to full with good temps. also put in 6g rollers to see if I can get rid of the hill issue still bogs on big hills and feeling a little lag on throttle. I know the 5gs that were in there were to light just needed to get a new wrench to get the variator off.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

rode the bike last night and if anything its worse now with the stock needle. took out the 34 slow and put in a 38 just to see what its gonna do. might need to adjust the needle height. 3/4 to full is awesome. anything under that is a fluttery mess. when cruising and holding the throttle steady it will feel like its not getting enough fuel and flutter till I get on the throttle again. once running and on the throttle it runs great temps are good and the bike pulls hard. hope the slow jet change will help but thinking I might need to move the needle.
put in 6g rollers last night and had a chance to open her up and wish I had the GPS going as I know I had to be going 60+ because at 55 i can feel a very slight difference in vibrations and have felt it and gpsd it to see and last night it hit a new vibration after riding it passed 55. the new roller weights helped that along Im sure as the 5gs never felt like it could get up there and maintain it. did have a weird bog at one point when I was WOT and it wanted to drop rpms suddenly. also still having some throttle lag which running like crap till I open it up and get the rpms up doesnt help. gonna work on getting that d*** carb tuned.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY