01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

You keep your head up. This thing will be perfect once your done with it. I might also have to look into a new petcock since these mopeds are all over 15 yrs old. Corrosion and rust particals can cause malfunctions. Every time I come back on I find something else I can do to moped to tweak a lil more. Your build thread is very helpful sir.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Thanks if nothing else it's good for what not to do and if it can happen it's probably happened. Hard to believe I've only had this bike for a year. Seems like I've spent the last ten years working on this thing. Perfect nah just want a badarsse daily. Thank god I'm stubborn or this bike woulda been sent down the road long ago.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Haha all of us are stubborn or else we would have gave up on our hobbies the first time around. Hopefully all smooth scooting from here on out sir.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:heres the one he recommended
http://m.ebay.com/itm/161237812273?_trk ... mwBanner=1
I looked at the local honda dealer for a new one it was like $50. I don't know enough about them to say either way.
Don't mean to hijack this, but my new petcock came, and it has a plastic strainer and o ring. However, the original strainer is probably at least twice as long as the new one. Should I just use the new short one? Does it really matter?
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Not sure to be honest I used the old one the only one I had. And it was fairly long. Don't think it would matter as it's just a strainer.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I don't think the strainer length matters. I haven't had any issues with either of mine yet. I bought a cheaper one and it really is cheaper in every way. It feels like I'll break the arm for the on/off already.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

I bought the cheapest one on eBay that ships from the US. My observations are:

Strainer is shorter length.
Nut is 19mm OD. I think the original was about 22mm.
The nut threads both to the petcock, and the tank. The original nuts spins on the petcock, and threads to the tank. With this one, you loose the nut, thread it to the tank. As you tighten it the nut threads both ways and pulls the petcock tight to the tank.

So far I've verified that it does not leak. Holds vacuum. Valve opens and closes with vacuum. Fuel flows when vacuum applied.

I hope that it works fine even though there are some small differences. Hopefully it can still flow the required amount of fuel (which I think it should be able to?)
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

took the gooch for a bout a 15 mile ride today. running a 35pj clip one notch up and 106 mj. idle is great right around 2300rpms which is a little higher than I like it but it holds steady right at 2300 and 2350 rpms so Ill lt run. 1/4 to 3/4 is iffy pulls strong on the throttle but sometimes its fluttery when I have the throttle held at a certain spot not to bad but noticeable. I am getting some flutter coming back onto the throttle after releasing along with a bit of hesitation. full throttle is a boggy mess most of the time. it just falls on its face when I mash it. not all the time but most of it.

temps were solid cruising temps around 300 and when I get on it hard they jump to around 330-340 and havent gotten much higher.

I was having some issues over bumps where it wanted to hiccups and lose power for half a second. very noticeable and I will check to make sure everything is buttoned up well thinking something electrical but not sure. at one point it taking off from a red light on a bumpy road it coughed and sputtered coughed and then I was able to feather the throttle to get it moving and it was fine. I have had some issue with the spark plug wire moving a bit not sure if this would cause any of this but its something ive been keeping an eye.

exhaust flange and studs seem to be holding for now. and not leaking so thats good. I need to read back over my thread and see what kind of changes I made in the past to eleviate my flutter and bog issues. overall it wasnt a bad ride and it still hauls * even with riding mostly 3/4 throttle and wants to pull the front up on half throttle take offs.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

For the fluttery, I would raise the clip up one more notch...
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I'm running a 45 pilot and 108 main with an unported corsa, unported block, ct mani, 24 polini carb, small polini filter, and c16. She loves the 45 pilot. 35 may be too lean but I don't even have 5 miles on this build so I'm just talking to talk at this point. I use to run a 48 in the 24 oko I think. It's been too long ago to remember since g9 brought in the polinis.
With this new build I hit 12k with out a problem. I sent g9 a video of it and maybe he'll post it for me if he has time.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

12k d*** that pipe must love those high revs! My long barely gets over 10k. I don't think it's lean on the pj it idles and starts perfectly with the 35. The only difference between ours is the pipe really. I've just started tuning after putting it back together. It ran better with the 108 but still felt like it wasn't right. But it definitely runs better than the 106 at this point.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Is it," starts on 1st kick" good? With the 45 I crack open the throttle just a bit if no choke, no throttle with choke, and it starts 1st kick. That what you want if possible. I also recommend to prime your petcock, if you have one, by slowly rotating the kicker over the 1st compression stroke and back to before compression. Then kick it good.
Maybe I can drop the pilot a lot. It's at 1 1/2 out so it's perfect to me but I might try a smaller pilot for fun. That's 5 sizes smaller and I'm at 5800 feet
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

No prime 1 3/4 turns out starts right up needs choke for a minute but not long. I usually use the electric start and less usually just pops on immediately. Battery went dead so had to use kick start this morning second kick fired up.
Idle literally purrs at 2300 which icould be adjusted a little lower but it's fine so I'm leaving it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Dang nice ride though. Yeah no way to do it without the extra tank. Once she's dialed back in I'll get with you guys.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

will do the next couple of weeks are crazy busy camping for 4 days and flying to cali for 5 days. will be tuning when I can.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY