01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

All the springs I have owned soften over time, requiring a drop of 3 grams of variator load after a few hundred miles to keep the engine on the boil. After that the spring from Italy fades more slowly, while the Tai-made spring keeps softening at the same rapid rate. Methinks the quality of the steel wire determines how fast that happens. My belief is that the stuff from Italy is far superior to Koso and anything else I've used. The stock spring is very high quality, but too soft to grip the belt strongly enough to handle much more than stock torque.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Have you noticed any difference between the Malossi vs Polini as far as spring life?
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

My brakes are those malossi brake pads. They basically sounds like dying cat at any point I hit my rear brake. Been that way since new. Very rare occasion that they don't. Will try another pair and see.

I'm running a yellow malossi contra that I'm sure has over 500 miles on it or close to it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Im wondering if those Malossi shoes aren't a good idea on the rear? Since they are a higher frictionn coefficient, they really need to reach required temperature to function properly. Since the majority of your braking and heat is generated on the front brakes, they should work fine. But higher temp/performance linings might not be ideal on the rear. Its not anormal for this type lining to make noise or act strange if they are not hot enough. I would recommend just going to a standard brake shoe for the rear.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Have been away a bit as winter is here and the GOOCH has been in my shop sitting gathering dust. Went out and fired her up today and puttered around a bit(as much as you can on a raped ape) still runs so that's a bonus gonna have to do some work on her soon to get her ready for spring riding and a rally coming up in April. I've been kind of a puss about riding in the rain and it's been raining or to d*** cold for me to be out for a few months now. Really jonesing to ride so hoping for some better weather soon.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Took the GOOCH out last night as it wasn't raining. Was a bit cold under 50 degrees. And I gotta say the colder it got the better it ran. Still gonna get new rollers and contra for the summer. Road the * out of it with no regard for cht temps and the hottest it got was 377.

On a side note I almost got a new bike.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (72.92 KiB) Viewed 6991 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

It was a beautiful night for a ride last night! I meet twist and play scooter club every tuesday @ sandy hut around 7, you should join us sometime. Woukd be nice to have a fellow dio rider, as im the only one. Mostly vespas.Nice group of folks to grab a beer with. Sometimes @ the end we go on a ride. Me and the other 2 straglers did around ten, smashed up glisan. Gotta say, i love pulling away from 210cc 2 strokes!
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

That was to rip city and g9 btw. Oh on a side note, wot from 23rd to tunnel over burnside, temp hit a new high 324, then on decent down barnes exaust became obnoxiously loud, was cold, didnt wanna stop. My neigboor hood is prob *, haha.waiting to examine til after work today. I really hope the corsa exaust flange didnt bust again.. cross your fingers.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

this motor has alway run a bit warm and with the welded exhaust flange I wouldnt be suprised if there was a tiny air leak. thought it has no symptoms of a airleak. did notice a bit of a fuel leak on the carb somewhere after I run it and it sits it drops a bit of fuel on the ground. I want to finally install my lengthened choke this spring so Ill pull it off and try to figure out where that is coming from. but as I no this bore is destined to fail I am just running the * out of it to see how far I can push it. I usually only see the higher temps on WOT throttle on long runs. temps never spike just rise till I feather off the throttle then drop back down. as most of my driving is city driving I rarely have runs long enough to get it over 400. all that being said this bike is still a rocket that even while trying to keep the front tire down on launch it still pulls it up at ease. I had to cross traffic in a hurry last night and gunned it and wheelied across 3 lanes of traffic I am sure those people thought I was nuts. and oddly enough the issues I was having with lag after decel have lessened after letting it sit for a couple months. there is still some but I am pretty sure the contra is about done and I want to get a new set of roller plastics now that I have my weights I like. I am just happy to be able to ride it again. I was trying to find out the mileage when I bought which I think was 7500 miles so I think 2500 miles in not quite 2 years in portland isnt bad. especially considering I didnt ride it for almost 3 or months this winter.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

@rip_city_spree

Yeah and you have it rewarded so I would say you have done good on that bore. If you can crack another 500 or so miles out of it I would be impressed. Also I had to while across the train tracks when my spree's front bearings went bad and where sizing on bumps. I would start the wheelie and pretty much just stay on it till I could pull off the road and put the front end down. :crazy:
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Was a good Sunday
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (102.17 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Out and about
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (54.51 KiB) Viewed 7084 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

was a great night to ride! though the GOOCH is a bit battered she still screams like a banshee. thinking here soon its time for some much needed maintenance. about 3 miles in to my ride last night I heard a new rattle around the clutch as I was sitting at a light and kinda just said screw it its to nice to not ride and ill be damned it was running better than ever on my way back across town at midnight. minus weird issue of having a hard time getting back into the power band. which only happens after I ride it to the pub then on the way home it has a struggles with the power band when i have to let off the throttle going up a hill and need to get back on it. ive learned to feather it to keep the rpms up but its still there. before i park it the thing just runs normal. anywho I got a short list of things that need done. brakes(still making a racket but work) contra, rollers, fresh gear oil and just an overall check up. that said my highest temp last night was 380 and I was hammering it. these motors are pretty remarkable in what abuse they can take.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

You beat that thing harder then deadpool...
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Haven't been on much. Been riding! Not wrenching on the beast. Still beating it and it's still flying. Put about 40 miles on her yesterday and at about 4pm with temps around 65-70 ambient, she was hauling! Had a couple of hiccups over bumps but that happens occasionally with my worn out rear shock. Pushed the * out of her on many long hard uphold and temps got up to 380. Hung out with some met/ruck guys this weekend and still love my little tire 2t rocket. Their bikes might be louder and cost more but they ain't got nothing that can touch the GOOCH. That's even with a suspect exhaust connection and possibly flat spotted rollers and worn out clutch and contra springs. Hoping she will last the summer and I can put some much needed work into it this winter. Oh apparently it's starting to remind people of KIT from knight rider. It might be time for an oscillating red led bar up front!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 7034 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow