01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

After much thought I've decided to reel the GOOCH in a little bit. The Corsa is a beast but I'm looking for more of a daily now that I can ride home at 3 in the morning. If my exhaust stud wasn't suspect I'd run the s*** out of it and have and it still flys. So after seeing G9s deal on the Malossi sport cast bbk I decided to jump on it. I was thinking of putting in another Contessa but the price was right. And this will match up well with the R1 exhaust I have laying around. So I'll get one more ride in on Sunday with Corsa then start breaking it down. Thanks Brandon for the box of goodies. New intake new shock and few other goodies.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (44.17 KiB) Viewed 5765 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Time to get to work. Gonna drop the motor and do a serious clean on it then start the rebuild. The Corsa has been a great kit but with the suspect exhaust stud I didn't want to risk it anymore. Hate being stranded at 2 in the morning. Hoping to only be off the road for a week or so.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (46.17 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Well surprised I got that much time out of the weld. So it's a good thing decided to rebuild my top end.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (64.47 KiB) Viewed 5735 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

what kills me is you could get a seal with the welded broken tab and I have yet to get a strong seal on a new bore. lol
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I don't understand it either. What's amazing is how strong the Corsa was running with it like this. I had a feeling it was broken again but you'd never know it. On my last run I was going up over a hill that is about a mile long and fairly steep and it was accelerating up the hill and I shut it down at about 60 and my temp at that point was 389! This hill is a monster and the main reason I built my motor as its my main route into town. Even an unported Corsa with a pipe that only let it run up to 10k rpms is a beast and a d*** near indestructible one at that. I was trying to kill this bore as I knew I was going to get a new one and I couldn't.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Made some progress today. Time burn out the R1 exhaust and heat cycle it.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (58.75 KiB) Viewed 5703 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

Looking good!! Let's us know the difference between the corsa an malossi...
86 aero af16 swap. 121cc water cool.
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Will do but I'm sure it will be pretty clear. I'll be running a different pipe on this bbk. But I'll be reporting in on the progress.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

You can see up her skirt but she back on the road. Running a 35 slow and a 108 main clip in the middle. 6g rollers and left the clutch as it was. So far so good it's idling well and it isn't surging so pretty confident there are no air leaks. Now to burn a tank and get on with the tuning.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (77.9 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

put about 25 miles on it last night and this morning and my temps reached 280 so Im pretty certain Im running a bit rich. granted I never went over 45mph. Im gonna move the needle clip up one groove and come down one jet on the main to a 106 and see how that works for me. its funny yall say how much noise the carb makes and because of how d*** loud that pg long was I never heard it but now that I have the R1 on there I can here the carb alot more. but that said it is still so much quieter than with the PG long on there.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Spent a tank last night and a few observations. I am still rich with a 106 MJ as my max temp last night only hit 355 and that was on a loooong pull up hill. And averaged under 300 most of the night with max Rpms in the mid 8500k range. Needless to say not much power up top. Pretty snappy down low. In gonna have to do some major tuning to get every ounce of power out of it. But I'll be happy once it's dialed. This setup purrs and is fairly quiet all around. Which was my goal. Just hard to take a leap back from the power of the Corsa. This setup I feel I'm gonna enjoy the ride more and stress less. The Corsa was all like hold the f on and hope it doesn't go bad. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to get what I want out of this kit and be able to run it for awhile.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

installed the 104 mj last night and rode it home. hard to believe but I still think Im running rich on the top end. throttle is good up to 3/4 and then at wot I am still getting more noise than power and a little boggy. I will try the 102 mj next and see where that gets me. my temps are still very low granted havent been able to open her up to much due to the rich condition.

it also feels like im not using all the variator last roller change I checked the marker I put on the drive face and saw that It was only using 3/4 of the face. it goes well to about 40mph on flat then just doesnt seem to want to go past that. down hill she does better. thinking I might need to change out contra. my rollers are currently 7g all around. top rpms are around 8400

on a side note d*** its tough to be going slow again. the contra is truly a beast even without the porting and s*** that can be done to it. I know this is kinda what I wanted but doesnt mean I have to like it. that said being able to not wake the neighborhood at 5:30 in the am sure is nice as it means I will be getting more time on 2 wheels which is what I want. its gonna take every trick I can find to be able to get this bore where I would like it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

s*** just got real! Big doings coming soon. Plate placement is temporary.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (56.85 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

Looking great! makes me want to do so much more to my scoot. I'm running the exact same but haven't touched the transmission yet. I havent heard of 9:44 gears, ive heard of 9:1 and 8:44 is that something new? Also unless i passed over it i saw you had a bent rear spark plug, was that from the clearance of the mud guard over the tire? I have the exact same bend but using a 45 degree coil wire instead of the stock 90 degree so not sure if that makes the difference on clearance or not.
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I can only assume that my old shock + my fat * and bad streets caused the bent spark plug. Will be curious to see how your set is working. As you can see my motor is currently off my bike.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY