AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by benji »

Yup the 94 n later ones I think. I got the finned one, and it even came white to match my bike haha
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Life 45 Minutes at a Time

Cut my spacer: 1" SCH40 316L Stainless Steel Pipe 4" Long (I made a shorter 3-1/2" one just in case I have more threads for adjustment to minimize the cutting on my handlebar stem)
Trusy ol' PortABand!

Finished up the upper race nut with the end grinder aka DONKEY D!CK and knocked the rough edges down with a flapper wheel. Side by side stock to modified.

Had to use the Ruck frame race since the Spree race and top nut race would bottom out with each other with the elite bearing. Ruck top frame race fits the Spree frame just has a lower profile than the Spree's so the Elite bearing would function if that makes sense. Backed the set net off 1/8" and sinched it with a lock nut.

Voila' Now to figure out what I want to use for bars... I was half tempted to steal the drag set off my ruck but I resisted haha!
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

So wait this is all bolt on no welding?? if so you can probably sell a few to the forums.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

All bolt on bud! You only need to weld if you want to keep the stock look. You have to cut the stock bars shorter and weld the clamp back on.

HotHatch has a pic of his with the stock bars and had a 4" gap between the plastics. Then he cut the bar stem and welded the clamp back on. He's where I got my motivation and information to do this...SHOUT OUT TO HOTHATCH!!!

Really no sense in trying to sell since its just a piece of pipe for a spacer. Everything else is stock scoot parts.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Sorry for asking but what exactly is needed? I am having trouble I sse the pipe and ruck forks and tube thingy is needed but if i wanted to do the same what race and bearings would I want?
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

MrJumps wrote:Sorry for asking but what exactly is needed? I am having trouble I sse the pipe and ruck forks and tube thingy is needed but if i wanted to do the same what race and bearings would I want?
It's cool mang, ask away! Page 5 has the arrangement of parts. :naughty:
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

* yeah man its looking great. glad i could help. what bars are you gonna run?
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

hothatch85 wrote:* yeah man its looking great. glad i could help. what bars are you gonna run?
I want to run stock look but dâmn i see others with drag bars and a pod LED and looks so bâdâss. I'll know more when I get the plastics on because I have not seen any custom Kriti Blue Sprees... Might do a TRS Stem with TRS Vapor Mount and drags...
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

If you have sen my light, its the "racing" lights at walmart there halogen and 18 bucms gets you 2 of them. I tinted one of the lights purple and it came out pretty cool.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I get a set of offroading lights through one of my distributors, big round chrome ones w covers and a yellow-purple look. There cheap and come w an extra haha. I got one on my aero it's the big chrome headlight. If anybody wants em lemme kno I think there $50/pair w bulbs and relay harness with a switch (if you wanna use a new switch)Image
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

MrJumps wrote:If you have sen my light, its the "racing" lights at walmart there halogen and 18 bucms gets you 2 of them. I tinted one of the lights purple and it came out pretty cool.
I want to go for the round look. I don't like the square/rectangle ones. Your photo links no longer work in your thread.
benji wrote:I get a set of offroading lights through one of my distributors, big round chrome ones w covers and a yellow-purple look. There cheap and come w an extra haha. I got one on my aero it's the big chrome headlight.
That is bâdâss :rock:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If you only need one, I'll hook you up w my spare. You'll have to get creative with mounting tho, I did. And the light pattern isn't great haha but it looks cool.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

benji wrote:If you only need one, I'll hook you up w my spare. You'll have to get creative with mounting tho, I did. And the light pattern isn't great haha but it looks cool.
Thanks I appreciate that! Lighting decision is still up in the air since I don't know if I want to go stock look or custom. Big ol' light like that would look awesome on a Spree haha!
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Here is the light setup on my spree's
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Gearhart wrote:Here is the light setup on my spree's
YES & YES! The Pod looks like the 60mm single they sell at TRS and i DIG IT. :2thumbs: What bars & stem you running on that...MX Bars?
http://shop.theruckshop.com/Single-Ligh ... DTRAIL.htm

What set up is that in the stock headset? Really love that one... :love: