01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah I wanna catch beaches but to busy during the week right now. And happy early birthday
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Went to change out my PJ today and found it came loose and was barely threaded in. This bike needs a shaman to get the gremlins out. Not if that was my issue but I tightened it up and will see
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah we shall see.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Well that helped out a lot! Good pick up all the way through. No popping on decel and very little flutter down low. Ran great and I pushed it hard coming home. No GPS I'll clock it tomorrow and now that the carbs is probably as close as it's ever been I'm gonna up my roller weights to get some more top end. It gets to 55-60 pretty damm fast! Then I think the rollers don't have enough to push it to much further. Also gonna replace my gear oil soon it's been awhile.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:Well that helped out a lot! Good pick up all the way through. No popping on decel and very little flutter down low. Ran great and I pushed it hard coming home. No GPS I'll clock it tomorrow and now that the carbs is probably as close as it's ever been I'm gonna up my roller weights to get some more top end. It gets to 55-60 pretty damm fast! Then I think the rollers don't have enough to push it to much further. Also gonna replace my gear oil soon it's been awhile.
YEA!
Onwards to increase roller weight! Keep us posted.
What's in there now?
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

5.5g all around. It screams to 58 then it just kinda holds there.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

I'm in pretty much the same boat with my mhr build. There's definitely a lot left to be had though. What rpms are you hitting with the 5.5s?
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Mostly 9k hit 10080 briefly. Haven't been able to really open her up yet. Feels like it gets to mid 9k then has a hard time getting higher to get to 10k it needs to be top speed wide open for a long time atleast longer than I think it should. I think it should climb faster with heavier rollers and help push me over the 60 barrier
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Nice details you got there. People can learn a lot from builds, hope you get it dialed in the way you want it.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:5.5g all around. It screams to 58 then it just kinda holds there.
That's what I have in mine and I went to check my stash and I only have 6.9g. Guess I'll place an order for heavier...
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Doesn't heavier weights get you a slower take off? more rotating mass to start?
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Dio Live headset
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Xxbeejay45xx wrote:Doesn't heavier weights get you a slower take off? more rotating mass to start?
I'm not sure as I'm still learning how to tune these scoots. I'm just gonna try heavier to see how it responds.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yes it will take off a bit slower. But there's enough launch to give a little to see what's she's got top end. I like this set up for all around performance. But I wanna see how fast I can get it to go.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Great info, I have yet to try out heavier weights thinking take off will be sacrficed. So if I use heavy weights means light center spring? Heavy center spring lighter weights? But with lighter weights you sacrifice top speeds, cause it's not heavy enough to push the variator out to max position? I get to mess with my scoot maybe twice a month now, but it's away nice to read about the fine tunes and then use it on my own scooter once I have time. Keep up the good work.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Dio Live headset
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Xxbeejay45xx wrote:Great info, I have yet to try out heavier weights thinking take off will be sacrficed. So if I use heavy weights means light center spring? Heavy center spring lighter weights? But with lighter weights you sacrifice top speeds, cause it's not heavy enough to push the variator out to max position? I get to mess with my scoot maybe twice a month now, but it's away nice to read about the fine tunes and then use it on my own scooter once I have time. Keep up the good work.

I had 6.5s in there and it wouldn't get or keep the rpms up enough. From a stop , wot I would see about 9500 then it would level off to high 7000s/low 8000s which seems just out of the power band. When I came to a hill it would slow down and struggle and not want to get back up to speed after the hill unless I slowed down and got it going again. Almost as if I had to let the variator settle down, and get it spinning again to get some momentum. With that I was seeing about 57-62 mph.

Today I swapped those out with 5.6g and now from a stop , wot, it will get up to 10200-10400 and level out in the high 8000s/low to mid 9000's . From there the upper mid range and top end are much stronger. Wot the rpms are up in that power and hills did not cause it any problems at all. It feels like its in really good power at wot, and I saw 67.15mph on the GPS. I'm thinking about going a little lighter to see what happens.

From what I understand (and I could be, or probably am wrong) , the lighter rollers will allow the engine to reach higher rpms to get or keep in that peak power band . if they get too light however, it may not be able to keep hold the variator all the way closed and you will lose power.

All I know is that for my bike, it made a HUGE difference going from the 6.5 down to the 5.6g rollers.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~