01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by MrJumps »

This thread is helping me so much right now with my roller issue, now gotta get the head back on. Oops haha bike looks sick, so hopefully once you get dialed in I can go simular to that. My contra is almost the same on my 80cc kit and ran fine yet its on a spree and my weight is at 180lbs. Good luck.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Thanks jumps. Glad I could help. A lot of this is mostly for my own recollection but it's nice to know it's being used by others. Heading over to G9s tonight to hang out and hopefully get it dialed in.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Put a 102 MJ in and swap the rollers to 5.5g around(the lightest I have) and took off to go to G9s. Felt slightly better at times and almost felt like I lost a bit on the acceleration at times. Tuning sucks! So does going slow!

My Rpms are up to about 8800. And it's still hesitating to go past 40-45 on flats. If I can get the Rpms up and keep them up eventually it will get up around 50 but that's it. Rode flat out on my way back for about 6 miles and never got past around 50. The good thing is that my temps only got to about 340 on that pull. And only hit 345 for the whole trip of about 45 miles of hills and WOT.
Not sure where to go from here. It definitely felt like with the 5.5s that's all it was gonna get.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Went out to a local car show with some big scoots today. They took me on some 55 mph roads. The GOOCH kept up with big 250cc maxi scoots. At one point one of the guys says "wow that thing flies". But anyway having some tuning issues in the cvt. Still having that hesitation around 40mph once it's past that point and cruising it will pull 55ish all day long with max temps around 320.
I am also experiencing some weird lag from full stop to full throttle for just a second at the beginning. It's not carb related. Currently running the blue contra with a mix of 5.5g and 6g rollers. It's hard to explain but sound wise it kinda sounds like rrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! This started with this roller combo. Only happens from dead stop.
Also is a pig up hills. Just no guts hoping it's just a result of my tuning being off.
That said I'm happy with how solid this bore is feeling. 55+mph wot pull for atleast 6 miles and my temp only got 320 degrees. Once get the tuning right I'll be pretty happy. A lot better gas mileage great temps and seems like a solid reliable kit.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (98.82 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (140.71 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I need to get in the clutch anyway. Gonna try another contra to see how that works. Just not sure where to go from here. Might try the yellow again and I got a white but not sure. Like I said Its gutless up hills and still holds up around 40 but if I get it up above that by going downhill or pushing on through(takes awhile to get past 40) it will cruise even with pretty light rollers which I think are keeping my top speed down a bit. I was even surprised I was keep up with the bigs on the 55mph road. Guess it's time to do some reading to try to dial it in.

I'd love to do the f2f but not sure I can talk the wife into it. But I'll see. Where are you guys staying G?
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Been a few weeks since the F2F ride and have just been riding around town and haven't tuned in a while. Need to do some tuning soon to try to combat it being a pig uphills and tuning in more top speed. Currently runs great wot temps are low to low sometimes when it's cold. But I'm ok with that for now.
Finally got around to relocating my plate might need to figure out a light source for it and if there are any suggestions feel free to pass them on. It gets some light from the plate light on the cluster but not much. Not sure if I'm sold on this plate holder or not but its on there.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 7563 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 7563 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Just pretty much read your whole thread. Good Stuff. Reminds me of when i first got my Ruck. Time to start all over with 2T and i'm stoked!
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Glad it could help. Lots of good what not to dos in here.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

For my plate lights I got some of those ultra cheap ebay led plate holder lights. Wired them into my running lights
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Had the GOOCH out today, it's been a week or two. Been meaning to put my yellow contra back in my clutch and have a look to see how it was holding up. So I changed that and tightened up my clutch springs as I had them just a hair under full tension. I also put in 7g rollers which are the heaviest I got just to see how it ran. Then went into town with a couple other Elites that are in town. I ran this setup earlier on this bore and it ran poorly. But now it's actually got a bit of pep that was lacking. Though I couldn't match the Corsa/yasuni combo that I was riding with, she ran great. This bike loves the cooler weather. Bombed it home and rode her hard and my temps got to 340 once all night. It's incredible how cool this bore runs. With the new contra my Rpms went up about 1k up to around 7600-7700 WOT. I actually gained some hill power back still not the power the Corsa had but its better. Probably got her up in the high 50s tonight I gpsd two nights in a row with different setups on the same strip which isn't a good barometer but I gained 2mph on identical runs. Feels good to have some pep back and was great blasting through Ptown with some bikes. The rains are a coming so it's awesome to get some nice autumnal weather to blast in.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ya I gotta do some trans work mines been kinda slow lately too... just on takeoff tho.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

yeah I was having some hesitation on take off and just not getting the power it should. now I am getting some chatter on take off but not all the time. so I need to try and diagnose that.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Me too...malossi clutch? I think maybe my fly clutch is getting old. I'm running 6k springs too maybe it's just too much.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Im glad u came out! We gotta get g9 out on one of these rides! The rip city elite is so georgous in person, so clean with the stretch kit. I think ur hours of tuning have paid off. Your getting the most out of that malossi cast, that thing is quick and keeps up nice with my corsas. Now i gotta fig out my 3g clutch.... that 4-5000 rpm engagement is driving me nuts! I want my wheelies back! On a bright note, my brother passed me @ the top of the hill by my house so i ripped by him after the corner on the straight and checked my trail tech max speed. It was 71.1 mph! Riding again tonight @9pm Meets @ the Vern, se belmont and 28th if any other local forum members wanna join, lmk.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Nice Melo! your bikes rip I have no doubt that'll do better than 71. Just need to find that air leak on your black one before something happens.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY