01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 01 Elite SR "GOOCH"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

yeah Im currently running a 26mm up from a 24mm polini carb on a corsa kit now. this bigger carb has been much harder to diagnose.
its close its just crazy how much bigger on the jetting I am having to go.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Ive read a bunch of guys running a 21 carb with the Corsa. Maybe 26 is too big? G9 would know.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I actually got the carb used from him. Was right after my old carb took a dump. Figured I'd give it a go. It might be to big but the 24 was probably good figured I'd had nothing to lose and I needed to get her back on the road so I could get home.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

my ride last night :
went to start my bike and it wouldnt start so start looking at things and notice that I only had 3 bolts holding my intake on and every single bolt on the intake was loose. at this point I shoulda just called it. but no I decide to deal with this and get going. spent some time and thought I had my special allen that I ground down to be able to tighten the bolts without to much hassle. so about 30 mins later got it buttoned up and got on the road. met up with Melo and took off. about mile later my bike dies and wont start. so messed with the carb got it to run with the choke(very high idle only) and as soon as it took the choke off sputter die. we messed with it to no avail and just started moving things around and found somehow the two bolts that hold the carb hose connector was loose. tightened and back on the road. was telling myself take it easy just feel it out at this point. then we got onto some curvy roads and said screw that. blasting through the turns on a road Ive only been on twice and came into a corner to hot and my rear brakes were pretty non existant at this point. that combined with the stretch I was getting nasty understear and tapped the front brakes and felt it hit some gravel and let off and this point I decided to smash the rears and hope for the best and try to find a soft place to lay it down. thankfully I spotted a drainage ditch with some leaves filling it. at this point I am on gravel and have no steering so I get close to the ditch I sliding towards I lay it down as easy as I could a go tumbling into the ditch hoping for no rock pipes or branches. I got lucky and tumbled over and got up and got the bike up right and started assessing my damage and the GOOCHs damage. thankfully I only had a hole in my jeans and small scrape on my knee. checking the bike over I noticed the kicker has snapped the foot part off. checked the front pulled some weeds out of cracks and no major damage to speak of. so I park it light up a smoke and wait for Melo to head back my way. tried to start her up and was getting some strange grinding in the kicker case. after he got back we tore her down and fixed the surclip and the spring and got it into working order. kicked and it fired up. then we smashed for a few more hours. Ill get pics tonight when I get home as I didnt want to see how bad the actual damage is yet. that said the bike is actually running better than it has in awhile. just need to dial in my idle speed a bit. I got lucky for sure it couldnve been alot worse. its crazy I been riding scooters and mopeds since the 90s with no accidents so I was bit shaken for sure. guess its time to get all the newere plastics and front disc put on the bike. glad I waited to put on the under plastics ive been hoarding. not my ideal night of riding but is great to have friends to have your back when you need it and a bike that will take a pounding and keep on Braaaping.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

NOOO not the GOOCH! Sounds like you dodged a bullet with the wipe out. Me and a buddy were ripping for hours 2 wks ago and came across a blind corner with a nice pile of camouflage gravel at the apex. Somehow I was able to stay upright but my buddy was not so lucky. I wont nauseate everyone with the road rash pics but lets just say, pavement is no match for flesh. Scoots can always be fixed but having your bro's still by your side is truly priceless. Have fun out there and stay safe!

Rip, keep in mind I have a couple SA50 parts bikes in storage. Ive been raping them pretty consistently for things I need for other builds. However, if theres anything you need to get GOOCH back in action, let me know. I may just have it. Anything from handlebars, gastanks or full un-titled frames. The usual stuff is gone like motors, plastics, wheels, etc...
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

thanks Ill keep it in mind. I was amazed I didnt bust any levers or lights or plastics(not sure what damage is done to the front it is a bit askew hoping itll just pop back into place). just a few scratches on the front panel and down the left side. guess it might be time to repaint this winter. ive got extra skirts(not great ones)and front undercowls that I was planning on putting on when I did the disc swap so theres that atleast I didnt thrash those. guess itll get me off my * to actually give the GOOOCH some much needed love. just been to busy and when I get free time I ride (and wrench because something else always needs attention). the accident was completely my error and I blast this thing around like its a crotch rocket not a stretch elite. fyi the stretch does not help handling. HA. but it really is tuned to rip on long straighter roads wide open and it does that extremely well. yeah having a fellow elite rider to ride with is awesome because we both know our bikes extremely well. too well as my bike tried to tell two times to not keep going but we just kept wrenching and kept going.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

A couple pics. Pulled a few rocks out from the headlight. I had to bend the plate up as it was almost wrapped around the clutch which tells me somehow the bike hit to bend it down so it either flipped or did a strange roll. And it was mangled the plate holder still works though. Snapped kicker end off. And some road rash most is not bad but the headlight is gonna need some work.
Attachments
IMG_0923.JPG
IMG_0923.JPG (53.8 KiB) Viewed 10121 times
Unwanted sticker removal
Unwanted sticker removal
IMG_0922.JPG (41.86 KiB) Viewed 10121 times
Cracked headlight
Cracked headlight
IMG_0925.JPG (36.2 KiB) Viewed 10121 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

HavenÔÇÖt posted in a while. Big changes for the GOOCH. Got a zx trans finally itÔÇÖs used but low miles with clutch and bell. Been using the 3 shoe polini with stock bell which had 12k on it. It was not great but worked. Got the zx malossi belt to go with it. ItÔÇÖs crazy the difference a zx pulley makes. It brought the bike back to life. On top of that I got an arrow exhaust and finally finally got rid of the pg long. Lots of tuning to be done but already itÔÇÖs ripping . Will update on my current setup soon but canÔÇÖt believe IÔÇÖve ran that long for as long as I did. Coming soon zx rims with a zx disc swap front end.
Attachments
027F937E-B7AC-4B23-83B9-F0CA79049DDF.jpeg
027F937E-B7AC-4B23-83B9-F0CA79049DDF.jpeg (88.68 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
ansneds
Spree
Spree

Post by ansneds »

That looks sweet!
Currently own:
->1995 Honda Elite 50 (Derestricted)
Have previously owned:
->Multiple 94-01 Elite 50s
->1985 and 1986 Honda Sprees
->1985 Honda Aero 50
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

thanks Ans I really like the sleeper look of the Pg but this not only looks great but is a killer pipe.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY